Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Didn't I say "foreign thingy with the loud fart-can muffler"? I see VERY FEW American-made vehicle with those silly things on them. Actually, I COULD have been even more specific and said HONDA cars, since nearly ALL of the ones I see around here are Hondas!
Which brings up another point; Why is it that so many Honda drivers drive like idiots? I rarely see pickup drivers running through traffic revving their engines just to make more noise (oh, yes, there ARE a couple around here that like to make noise and smoke, but only a couple!). It seems like many Honda drivers think it is cute, or impressive, or something...
I see alot of young guys driving hemi rams with loud exhausts reving their engines at me and wanting to race but then again I don't really think my SLP loudmouth 1's really qualify as mufflers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I see alot of young guys driving hemi rams with loud exhausts reving their engines at me and wanting to race but then again I don't really think my SLP loudmouth 1's really qualify as mufflers
This is very true, there are plenty of trucks/suv's rolling around here with flowmasters and other types of exhaust.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
This is very true, there are plenty of trucks/suv's rolling around here with flowmasters and other types of exhaust.
Well, yeah, I don't know of any vehicle with an internal combustion engine that doesn't have SOME type of exhaust...
I have nothing against a custom exhaust system. Some of them sound very nice. Some of them are just LOUD.
HOWEVER, the flatulent "fart-cans" are just loud and annoying, and most of the people who have them (especially on Hondas) like to rev them up in first and second gear so they really sound off.
Like I said, there ARE a couple of diesel pickups around here, with 6 inch dual exhaust stacks and modified fuel systems, which are VERY annoying, as well, with the noise and smoke.
But they are few and far between, while the fart-can equipped cars are like ants!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:56 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron17571 View Post
Trucks get thirty mpg?more like 12 in town..,..
I have a Ford Ranger that gets over 30 MPG on highway and 20 MPG in the city.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
there are affluent suburbs of chicago that will not allow you to have a pick up truck in your drive way---they think it looks white trashy
Then I wouldn't want to live next to such idiots. But would love to tell them to pound sand when they ask if I could haul something for them.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times
Lots of pickup trucks here in LA. Some people need them for their jobs/home, others just think they're cool. I would like to see more people rent trucks only when they need them, but I'm not about to tell people what they should and shouldn't drive. It's just that trucks are kind of a pain in the butt in congested cities.

My first vehicle was a 94 GMC Sierra by the way.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM

886 posts, read 5,715,978 times
Does driving a Prius make you a prick?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Maybe people drive pick ups because they sometimes carry things that don't fit in a car.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Maybe people drive pick ups because they sometimes carry things that don't fit in a car.
Yeah, I notice nobody volunteered to bring their Crown Victoria or Impala or Charger over and help me haul hay bales...
or bring the big wood desk home from the Thrift Store..

Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Sadly, in far too many cases this just isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive