Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 04:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

If so alot of country people must dominate many of the city jobs.Where i live most lawyers drive trucks and SUvs that anyhting else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:46 AM

50 posts, read 136,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, yeah, I don't know of any vehicle with an internal combustion engine that doesn't have SOME type of exhaust...
I have nothing against a custom exhaust system. Some of them sound very nice. Some of them are just LOUD.
HOWEVER, the flatulent "fart-cans" are just loud and annoying, and most of the people who have them (especially on Hondas) like to rev them up in first and second gear so they really sound off.
Like I said, there ARE a couple of diesel pickups around here, with 6 inch dual exhaust stacks and modified fuel systems, which are VERY annoying, as well, with the noise and smoke.
But they are few and far between, while the fart-can equipped cars are like ants!
Trucks like this? It has no muffler turbo charger Keeps the engine noise down. It only smokes when i get on it hard.
Attached Thumbnails
does having a pickup truck mean you live in the country-l_f08524da5046cfad1024ace1924e39be.jpg  

Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,779,116 times
Quote:
Didn't I say "foreign thingy with the loud fart-can muffler"? I see VERY FEW American-made vehicle with those silly things on them. Actually, I COULD have been even more specific and said HONDA cars, since nearly ALL of the ones I see around here are Hondas!
Which brings up another point; Why is it that so many Honda drivers drive like idiots? I rarely see pickup drivers running through traffic revving their engines just to make more noise (oh, yes, there ARE a couple around here that like to make noise and smoke, but only a couple!). It seems like many Honda drivers think it is cute, or impressive, or something...
It's because them Honda kids watched The Fast And The Furious too many times, and now suddenly think adding a 5 inch fart can onto the stock 2 inch exhaust pipe on mom's hand-me-down Civic will make them faster. Most of those kids really are just immature under 25 year olds that have never been around real hp and think they're impressing someone with their obnoxious farting cars.

Quote:
Well, yeah, I don't know of any vehicle with an internal combustion engine that doesn't have SOME type of exhaust...
I have nothing against a custom exhaust system. Some of them sound very nice. Some of them are just LOUD.
HOWEVER, the flatulent "fart-cans" are just loud and annoying, and most of the people who have them (especially on Hondas) like to rev them up in first and second gear so they really sound off.
Like I said, there ARE a couple of diesel pickups around here, with 6 inch dual exhaust stacks and modified fuel systems, which are VERY annoying, as well, with the noise and smoke.
But they are few and far between, while the fart-can equipped cars are like ants!
Hey I'm with you, and quite frankly IMO a 4 banger with an exhaust that sounds like a ticked off bumble bee or a weed eater on nitrous is not amusing....neither are V8 cars/trucks with crackling glass packs. But sadly the drivers of such fart canned cars have been brainwashed via the movie that a loud obnoxious farting sound somehow leads to hp. Same ones that believe every sticker they put on the sides of their car gives them an extra 50 hp a sticker....or how that aluminum wing on the trunk lid of a FWD car somehow actually helps with traction.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:20 AM

4 posts, read 11,871 times
Quote:
Didn't I say "foreign thingy with the loud fart-can muffler"? I see VERY FEW American-made vehicle with those silly things on them. Actually, I COULD have been even more specific and said HONDA cars, since nearly ALL of the ones I see around here are Hondas!
Which brings up another point; Why is it that so many Honda drivers drive like idiots? I rarely see pickup drivers running through traffic revving their engines just to make more noise (oh, yes, there ARE a couple around here that like to make noise and smoke, but only a couple!). It seems like many Honda drivers think it is cute, or impressive, or something...
A buddy of mine painted up a Honda Civic hatchback with spray cans to make it look like a bee...he was really making fun of the rice-racers, loosely fitted spoiler that rattled when the cheaply assembled sound system rumbled away, body kit in a matt grey two tone, and cheap universal-fit wheels. Paid $1500 for the car, $300 for the paint, found a used body kit and spoiler for $200 and $400 for the wheels...he got offered $6000 from a high school kid and he said he seen it the other day, and the only thing that's changed was the spoiler was tighted down...

Old 07-22-2009, 11:19 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
Nope, I live right in the heart of the city in Portland, Oregon.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
Default Some people are better off than me.

I wish you were experiencing what I am right now, because I live in Texas where loud motorcycles and pickup trucks add up to the over-increasing noise pollution. I hate people with loud vehicles, I wish their vehicals crashed and they died!

Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testingscript64 View Post
I wish you were experiencing what I am right now, because I live in Texas where loud motorcycles and pickup trucks add up to the over-increasing noise pollution. I hate people with loud vehicles, I wish their vehicals crashed and they died!
If they do crash, it'd be nice if they crashed their "vehicals" into you!

Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,791,531 times
Yes and driving a Pinto means your a daredevil.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:30 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
Why are we reviving a 5 year old thread for someone that posted here once? TROLL

Old 04-04-2014, 09:50 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
So that is what haters buy;thanks for clearing that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive