I am trying to narrow down my list of cars for test driving and ultimately, to purchase. I have the Accord v. Sonata - basically its between Honda or Hyundai (would love a new Acura TL or TSX but its just not in my budget right now
1) Pros of the Honda Accord EX:
-reliable (my family loves Hondas and thats all they know/drive)
-can probably negotiate a good price with a local dealer my parents know
-familiar w/ Honda since I already drive a Civic
-excellent resale value
2) Cons of the Accord:
-lukewarm reviews on recent models
-boring, bland interior
- no extra luxury features included like sunroof/moonroof, heated seats, leather, navi package which seems standard for Hyundai models
- the PRICE (at least 24-26K MSRP
-would have to pay extra for the 1 option I really want/need (Satellite Radio)
3) Pros of the Sonata Limited:
- new, shiny, modern interior
-great extended warranty already included (5 yrs/60K miles)
- it comes with luxury items as standard (satellite radio in all models, etc).
- seems to be a quieter/smoother ride than the Accord (?)
4) Cons of the Sonata:
- still no word on reliability after 5-10 years
-Its a Hyundai.
-seems to be somewhat limited availablity at dealers because car is "hot" in the market so I will be unlikely to get much of a discount when negotiating prices
- no spare tire in trunk (I get a lot of flat tires and dont want that stress)
So given all of the above (and if there are more, please feel free to add), I am really undecided. This car will NOT be a lease (either finance w/ my credit union or 100% all cash depending on final OTD price at dealership) and I plan to drive it for at LEAST another 5-8 years. The only reason I am looking to replace my 2008 Civic is because I must sell it to a family member who needs a set of wheels and refuses to buy a Used car from a dealer or unknown private party.
Any insight welcome!
PS I posted another thread but it didnt have the POLL on it..If Admin could delete that other thread, it would be appreciated..