U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
 
123 posts, read 326,292 times
Reputation: 68
Default Next generation of Acura MDX and Lexus RX 350?

When will the next gerneration of Acura MDX and Lexus Rx350 come out? Thinking about buying one of these two vehicles but hoping for the next generation.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Woodland Park, CO
2,974 posts, read 4,582,617 times
Reputation: 2108
The next RX 350 will be at dealers next month:

Lexus RX 350, RX 450h get family grille face lift, LEDs

Looks like the 3rd Generation MDX will be released as a 2013 model later in the fall. Really not much recent info on it, from what I can find.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
 
998 posts, read 1,173,540 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny826 View Post
When will the next gerneration of Acura MDX and Lexus Rx350 come out? Thinking about buying one of these two vehicles but hoping for the next generation.

The RDX just got remodeled for 2013. However, premium gas...deal breaker for me.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Woodland Park, CO
2,974 posts, read 4,582,617 times
Reputation: 2108
If you can't afford premium gas, you can't afford a NEW $45K luxury SUV.

The $.20/gallon extra is an extra $200/300 a year or less than a $1/day.

That's like saying I won't buy a car because it has 20" wheels, I don't want to pay the extra money for a 20" tire v.s a 18" tire.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
 
7,900 posts, read 2,878,029 times
Reputation: 4477
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny826 View Post
When will the next gerneration of Acura MDX and Lexus Rx350 come out? Thinking about buying one of these two vehicles but hoping for the next generation.
You could buy a new Nissan Rogue for half the price and invest the other half. Same amount of room, better mileage and will do the same exact job.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
 
2,044 posts, read 1,576,321 times
Reputation: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You could buy a new Nissan Rogue for half the price and invest the other half. Same amount of room, better mileage and will do the same exact job.
Yeah but most people like to show off and flaunt their money.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
4,487 posts, read 9,937,515 times
Reputation: 3747
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You could buy a new Nissan Rogue for half the price and invest the other half. Same amount of room, better mileage and will do the same exact job.
Bad argument. People purchase a luxury vehicle because they want all of the features, amenities, and status that a luxury marque provides. People who are shopping for a Lexus probably won't be looking at a Nissan, they want the luxury/status a Lexus provides.

By your argument, someone who is looking at a BMW 3 Series should buy a Chevy Malibu for half the price and invest the other half. Completely different vehicles as are the Lexus RX350 and the Nissan Rogue. I've been in a few RX350's and they are TOP-NOTCH, if I was EVER interested in buying a crossover, I'd give that a hard look.

My parents recently bought a new Caddy SRX and cross-shopped with the Lexus but the SRX just won my dad over. The Caddy has some style while the Lexus is a bit frumpy-looking and the Cadillac symbol means a lot more to my elderly father than some rice-burner.

Quote:
If you can't afford premium gas, you can't afford a NEW $45K luxury SUV.

The $.20/gallon extra is an extra $200/300 a year or less than a $1/day.

That's like saying I won't buy a car because it has 20" wheels, I don't want to pay the extra money for a 20" tire v.s a 18" tire.
That's what I figure. Who cares if it requires premium?! If you can't afford to buy premium gas, you can't afford to buy a luxury vehicle. Luckily neither of my vehicles require premium but it wouldn't ever be a hindrance to my purchasing of a vehicle either.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM
 
5,246 posts, read 2,247,149 times
Reputation: 2563
Agreed; if you're in the market for either an Acura or a Lexus, you already know that all of their vehicles require premium fuel, and consequently that fact will not be a deterrent for you to buy either one.

The 2013 MDX will be released this summer.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 AM
 
7,900 posts, read 2,878,029 times
Reputation: 4477
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Bad argument. People purchase a luxury vehicle because they want all of the features, amenities, and status that a luxury marque provides. People who are shopping for a Lexus probably won't be looking at a Nissan, they want the luxury/status a Lexus provides.

By your argument, someone who is looking at a BMW 3 Series should buy a Chevy Malibu for half the price and invest the other half. Completely different vehicles as are the Lexus RX350 and the Nissan Rogue. I've been in a few RX350's and they are TOP-NOTCH, if I was EVER interested in buying a crossover, I'd give that a hard look.

My parents recently bought a new Caddy SRX and cross-shopped with the Lexus but the SRX just won my dad over. The Caddy has some style while the Lexus is a bit frumpy-looking and the Cadillac symbol means a lot more to my elderly father than some rice-burner.



That's what I figure. Who cares if it requires premium?! If you can't afford to buy premium gas, you can't afford to buy a luxury vehicle. Luckily neither of my vehicles require premium but it wouldn't ever be a hindrance to my purchasing of a vehicle either.
If they had any common sense, they wouldn't waste money on something that will depreciate down to nothing in a few years. It's a method of getting from point A to B. Why wouldn't you want to impress your friends and neighbors with your common sense and frugality? And if they are impressed by the glitz of a Lexus are they the kind of friends you want anyway?

I used to make visits to people's homes as part of my job years ago. Every once in a while I had to go to a suburb that was gated off with guards at the entrance. The houses at that time were worth 5 mil a piece minimum with some being worth much more. The thing that always blew me away is how smart the people were with their money. They drove Toyota's and Nissans. Hardly ever did you see a "luxury" car. These people had real money, they weren't pretenders.

I stopped at this house one day, probably worth 10 mil and had to go in the garage and then into the house. They had a Toyota Corolla and a Honda Accord. The lady was packing a lunch into a basket--she was taking the kids to the zoo or something. She told me they dont' waste money eating out.

That's the kind of thing that impresses me, not meaningless cars.

Did you actually say "rice burner"? I haven't heard that term since the 80's.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2012, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
4,487 posts, read 9,937,515 times
Reputation: 3747
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If they had any common sense, they wouldn't waste money on something that will depreciate down to nothing in a few years. It's a method of getting from point A to B. Why wouldn't you want to impress your friends and neighbors with your common sense and frugality? And if they are impressed by the glitz of a Lexus are they the kind of friends you want anyway?

I used to make visits to people's homes as part of my job years ago. Every once in a while I had to go to a suburb that was gated off with guards at the entrance. The houses at that time were worth 5 mil a piece minimum with some being worth much more. The thing that always blew me away is how smart the people were with their money. They drove Toyota's and Nissans. Hardly ever did you see a "luxury" car. These people had real money, they weren't pretenders.

I stopped at this house one day, probably worth 10 mil and had to go in the garage and then into the house. They had a Toyota Corolla and a Honda Accord. The lady was packing a lunch into a basket--she was taking the kids to the zoo or something. She told me they dont' waste money eating out.

That's the kind of thing that impresses me, not meaningless cars.

Did you actually say "rice burner"? I haven't heard that term since the 80's.
I don't agree with your assessment of having a luxury car doesn't equate to having common sense. If you have the money, why not enjoy it? If you enjoy having a luxury vehicle and can afford to pay for it, I see no reason why you should stick to a more mainstream vehicle. I don't think common sense has anything to do with how much you spend on a vehicle, $100K to someone who has $10+ million is pretty much a drop in the bucket.

You can be frugal in one way and spend money in another, some people enjoy having a certain vehicle while others may enjoy spending that money on traveling the world. It's their money, obviously they were smart enough to have earned it and likewise can spend it whatever way they so decide.

I used to sell real estate many many years ago and I worked with a few clients who had higher-end homes, the types of vehicles they had were usually some type of luxury marque. I'm not saying every millionaire drives a Mercedes or something but rather many don't seem to purchase the absolute cheapest vehicle they can afford. There's an enormous portion of wealthier retirees in the city in which I live and I'd say the majority drive vehicles that have a luxury marque attached whether it be a Lexus, Cadillac, or Mercedes (3 of the most popular).

Quite a few people buy higher-end vehicles because they want the luxury and comfort that a certain class of vehicle provides, not necessarily because they want to impress others. Of course there are the $30K/ year millionaires who spend half of their income to lease a BMW but after a certain age, many buyers of high-end cars are looking for creature comforts more than anything.

Frugality is good but there are many ways in which to be frugal.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top