Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ford vs Chevy
Ford 55 48.67%
Chevy 58 51.33%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:33 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,881,690 times

Advertisements

Chevrolet. Styling is much better in my opinion. Fords don't ride good and GM's interior is much more comfortable. Have never had any problems with my GM products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,678,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
I'm on my 3rd Crown Vic now and my present and 2nd have been the sport model ( civilian police model ). I can't see myself in anything else. Think it's an old man's car ? Check out--- Crown Vic.net --- Ford only.
Crown Vic is a great car... But the Caprice is better .

Old 12-24-2009, 11:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,103,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Maybe the SS version. But a base Caprice vs base Crown Vic? Crown Vic allllllll the way. Ill take a Crown Vic Interceptor in black please. Mmmmm

Old 12-25-2009, 09:20 AM

418 posts, read 1,085,875 times
Hey Steve-O, CVN is now on facebook,great site.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Maybe the SS version. But a base Caprice vs base Crown Vic? Crown Vic allllllll the way. Ill take a Crown Vic Interceptor in black please. Mmmmm
Caprices have a nicer ride, have better available drivetrains, and even as a bigger car they get equivalent or better fuel mileage than the Crown Vic. Reliability wise, they are pretty much the same... which essentially lasting FOREVER.

We have had every generation of Town Car, they just don't stack up... If we were in the taxi business we would be running Caprices, but were not.

The 9C1 was always the better cop car and the Impala SS is far more sought after than the Marauder... which means even though they are a decade older they have higher resale! LT1 is the obvious choice over any 4.6L, as stock OR for modification!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 10:35 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,881,690 times
Quote:
Caprices have a nicer ride, have better available drivetrains, and even as a bigger car they get equivalent or better fuel mileage than the Crown Vic. Reliability wise, they are pretty much the same... which essentially lasting FOREVER.

We have had every generation of Town Car, they just don't stack up... If we were in the taxi business we would be running Caprices, but were not.

The 9C1 was always the better cop car and the Impala SS is far more sought after than the Marauder... which means even though they are a decade older they have higher resale! LT1 is the obvious choice over any 4.6L, as stock OR for modification!!!
Agreed.

I wish they would have kept the Impala RWD. When they first came out with the concept of the 2006 Impala I swear I thought I read it was going to be RWD. As well as a RWD Monte. But I either read wrong or they changed their mind.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:31 AM

418 posts, read 1,085,875 times
Panthers ( ex police interceptors ) are being bought by younger people with only around 88,000 miles on them and then souping them up, or customizing them. A ex police CV's can be bought for around $ 3,000 or less.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:38 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,443,406 times
Quote:
Vic- Cops here used those for 20 years and just "upgraded" to the new Impala. Just a write up in our paper of how the officers are complaining about the lack of performance and handling. They are literally falling apart. Caprice and Impala were good strong cars like the Crown Vic back in the day. Todays Impalas are tinny poorly crafted junk.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Vic- Cops here used those for 20 years and just "upgraded" to the new Impala. Just a write up in our paper of how the officers are complaining about the lack of performance and handling. They are literally falling apart. Caprice and Impala were good strong cars like the Crown Vic back in the day. Todays Impalas are tinny poorly crafted junk.
New Impala vs Crown Vic... I'll take a Vic! That's a no contest. However the new 9C1 is coming out... going to give Ford a run for their money, big time!

http://underthehood.oldcarsweekly.com/content/binary/2011%20Caprice%20police%20car.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-26-2009, 12:14 PM

11,154 posts, read 29,146,616 times
Quote:
New Impala vs Crown Vic... I'll take a Vic! That's a no contest. However the new 9C1 is coming out... going to give Ford a run for their money, big time!
yeah they are only selling them to law enforcment they won't be sold to the general public which kinda sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive