Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ford vs Chevy
Ford 55 48.67%
Chevy 58 51.33%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:37 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,208,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadric6 View Post
your comparing apple's to oranges..70-80's ford trucks had more power then chevy..expecialy off the line becouse they had TRUE 4x4...not this junk you see on wanna be trucks where it rotates which tires spin no 4 wheel's spinning at all times..not to mention the 460 was a stronger more powerful motor then the 454..which i've killed all to many of.86 suburban killed the original 454 replaced it with new goodwrench 454 blew both in under a week towing loads my truck tows every week with 300k+ miles.faster in top speed but lacking in torque n doesnt get a jump on the 460 till after 50-60mph which is after the towing and torque all but died in the older trucks..I grew up with a chevy family that all my mom grandparents uncle's and aunts buy.step dad is a dodge fan and he's had nothing but trouble...chevy the parts just seem to be more expensive for a lighter duty product..another proof of that bought n 82 camaro z28 with that 305 had 62k on it blew it sky high without even trying..went to replace it n found out i could get a 302ho at a better price..bought the bird sunk a bit of money in it havent been able to blow it even trying bought the truck have tryed plenty of times to kill it have thrown 40k+ on the 5th wheel which does sink the truck drasticly and raced a semi hauling 75k.been off road ramping all the fun 'childish' stuff you can think of...doesnt even have a tick in the motor just the to be expected oil burning problem.I take cars and trucks to the limit of what i expect from them if they cant keep at par then they usualy die trying...i now expect ANY 250/2500 to tow a min of 35k if it cant i dont want it..try dropping 35k on a newer 2500 chevy..n she'll sink into the ground...n blow those pretty lil gas shocks...let it bounce on the road n you'll over stretch those pretty lil gas shocks gpal already proved that when my modified suburban 3500 died on 77 in wv w/ a bobcat he ended up over streching his shocks twisted a camshaft so bad it snapped in many pieces.a freaking bob cat with proper trailor.not 6 months later do it with my truck but from virginia beach-chicago instead of charleston wv-jackson ohio only problem is the motor got a lil hot so i had to stop for a bit in the mountians...i do have some bad things to say about that truck tho it blows starters and starter noids like every couple months gotta put about a quart of oil in every week and gas cost bout $120 to fill and it'll eat it up just as fast as you can put it in if you dont keep your foot out of it..highway wo/load gets bout 13mpg n 7-9 city full load 25-30k gets about 5 highway and sometimes less then a mile city.
I don't even know what to say. A 302HO pulling 40,000+ lbs, are you kidding me? I had a 5.0HO in a 94 F-150 and that truck wouldn't pull a greasy hair outta a cats a**. I drove tandem axle dump trucks when I was younger and
20 tons is what we hauled and even some of those trucks creeped while loaded. A 454 is generally recognized as the superior motor when compared to the 460 so I don't know where you get thats it's weak. I just don't know what to say to everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 01:47 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,688,387 times
deadric6 is full of it. Plain and simple. None of his tall tale story jives up.

Next he'll tell us he slapped on some NOS stickers on the side and magically gained an extra 100 hp at the rear wheels. Even better he'll land up on the cover of Bull****ter Weekly proclaiming the new found power.

I'll bet even a non running Yugo would be faster than whatever 1/64 scale hot wheel truck he's fantasizing about.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:54 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,568,940 times
Did he say the 460 in the Ford truck was rated at 350 hp? Wow. The 70's/80's 460 had 245 hp and was later bumped to 255 hp.

The 454 in the 80's Chevy trucks had 230 hp.

I'm a Ford guy too, but it is what it is. Let people like the brand they like, it's not that big of a deal. No need to lie or try to convince.

All these facts and more can be found with a simple google search...

Old 02-21-2010, 12:06 PM

11,153 posts, read 29,139,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I don't even know what to say. A 302HO pulling 40,000+ lbs, are you kidding me? I had a 5.0HO in a 94 F-150 and that truck wouldn't pull a greasy hair outta a cats a**. I drove tandem axle dump trucks when I was younger and
20 tons is what we hauled and even some of those trucks creeped while loaded. A 454 is generally recognized as the superior motor when compared to the 460 so I don't know where you get thats it's weak. I just don't know what to say to everything else.
yeah I have a 91 F250 with the 5.0 EFi and it is gutless I wish I had the 351 and he said he is hauling a 5th wheel and racing semis on off ramps I guess safe towing is not part of his plan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive