U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 PM

2,737 posts, read 1,165,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyJ View Post
are my concerns legit? I mean I should not feel any gear slip or reengage above 50 MPG if this was done correctly? I cannot go in there telling them they suck based on public opinion... I need facts.

Is it possible they gave me crap parts or could it be a bad install.. or both?

Thanks!
The bottom line is this: If they fixed it correctly, it should be operating like new. Obviously it is not. Therefore, they are under legal obligation to fix it correctly.

Last edited by TheViking85; 03-30-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
As a former tech I can honestly and sarcastically say that AMMCO is a place were hack parts replacers work to support their meth habit. If this had rolled into my shop back in the day I would have just replaced the entire axle assembly with a quality used one from LKQ. It would have been a lot cheaper than messing around with the R&P.
Exactly. As you know, it is extremely difficult to get those parts all lashed up correctly.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 PM

234 posts, read 431,731 times
Ok, so if I bring this back and the problem repeats, at what point to I politely and professionally ask them for a refund or to pay to have someone else do it?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 AM

6,349 posts, read 7,396,404 times
OP: Nobody can diagnose a vehicle online but going by the symptoms, it sounds like a possible transmission problem.

Last edited by TheViking85; 03-30-2012 at 04:53 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
OP: Nobody can diagnose a vehicle online but going by the symptoms, it sounds like a possible transmission problem.

Oh I know. I am just trying to gain some knowledge here. Could be a transmission problem, sure. If it is though it only reinforces possible bad tech as they should have diagnosed that too. Crazy to be told one thing is wrong, get it fixed, and the problem is still there only to potentially find out it is something they didnt fix right could be be something else.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 AM

6,349 posts, read 7,396,404 times
Quote:

...They showed me immediately that the drive shaft had an easy 1/4 turn to it that could be moved by hand. This supposedly explained why when I took my foot of the gas and then hit the gas again I felt the gears reconnect. They said the problem was with the rear axel. Gears worn and bad seals...
Appears you definitely had a problem with the differential.

Quote:
...So I have had my car back for 24 hours. Driving fine.. then I notice the same problem as before with the the bang... but only at highway speeds. Not as bad, but it is there. To clarify, this was driving ok when I drove it away from the Shop yesterday. Being closed til monday I cannot do much til then...
This sounds like a different problem.

Quote:
Oh I know. I am just trying to gain some knowledge here. Could be a transmission problem, sure. If it is though it only reinforces possible bad tech as they should have diagnosed that too. Crazy to be told one thing is wrong, get it fixed, and the problem is still there only to potentially find out it is something they didnt fix right could be be something else.
Agree. Only sometimes it just ain't that simple.

I'm not defending them but I'm also not going to accuse them of doing a half ass repair either. Take it back and give them a chance to make it right.

Last edited by TheViking85; 03-30-2012 at 04:54 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM

To add to the problem.....I noticed my Emergency Break doesnt work.

Now I never used this so it may have been broken before as I purchased this car used 8 months ago. Do they need to tackle the emergency break too?

FYI seeing them in a few days.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:43 PM

4,466 posts, read 5,295,383 times
This is the only and final warning, stop the bickering.

The OP asked a valid question, if you have information to share regarding their car problems, you're encouraged to share that, if you intent to attack bicker and provide unhelpful comments, you will receive an infraction.

Last edited by TheViking85; 03-30-2012 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Moderator cut: Off TopicWHAT DID THEY TELL YOU IS WRONG WITH THE JEEP?

Last edited by TheViking85; 03-30-2012 at 10:58 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 05:49 PM

Nothing yet. I am moving this week. I called and explained the problem and they said it should be fine plus it is under warranty anyway if it got worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive