U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 AM

758 posts, read 509,735 times
Default Color of your car?

Currently, I have a green 2000 Honda Civic and I am looking to buy a used Honda Civic, 2007 or 2008 but I am undecided on the color, I like gray and dark blue so I am wondering how did you decide on the color of your car? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,348,866 times
When I bought my 2008 Civic I didn't have much of a choice, it was either blue or black because that's what the dealer had In stock that day.

Just bought a new car and picked a gray color because the dealer have me a great price if I would pick it up the same day (the other colors he had on the lot were just ugly). It's rare to actually find the exact shade and color for your dream car. I wanted a really dark royal blue but unfortunately that color was only available for Honda Accords but not the Civic.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 AM

758 posts, read 509,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
When I bought my 2008 Civic I didn't have much of a choice, it was either blue or black because that's what the dealer had In stock that day.

Just bought a new car and picked a gray color because the dealer have me a great price if I would pick it up the same day (the other colors he had on the lot were just ugly). It's rare to actually find the exact shade and color for your dream car. I wanted a really dark royal blue but unfortunately that color was only available for Honda Accords but not the Civic.
That is lame they do not have dark blue for the Civic! I do not mind sky blue but dark royal blue is better! I also like silver too

Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 AM

17,580 posts, read 18,159,516 times
I have always liked dark cars. My current car is black. Pain to keep clean, but it looks so good.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 AM

38,728 posts, read 34,414,605 times
I pick out the car I want, and somebody else has already decided on the color. I've never been influenced by the color in any car I've ever bought.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM

2,875 posts, read 4,164,048 times
I like metalic silvers, they just don't show dirt and scratches as much.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/272595_772204304621_40012926_37335185_6814684_o.jp g (broken link)

Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM

12,928 posts, read 5,682,189 times
if i have a choice, i prefer white or light to medium blue cars. otherwise unless the color is hideous, i buy the car because i like the car, not the color of the paint. at some point in time if i choose, i can always change the color of the car.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM

8,417 posts, read 7,420,482 times
I bought Midnight Blue Metallic on my GTO because I thought it looked best. But darker blue is generally my default color anyway. After the fact I found out that only 1500 were painted that color, and only in one model year, so that will help its value a little bit, besides being less common in daily driving.

Certain vehicles look better in different colors. For instance, I saw a Camry that had been resprayed bright red, and it didn't look right at all. Toasters look better in muted colors, such as silver, white, and beige. Corvettes don't look right in silver or white, IMHO.

Repainting a modern vehicle in a different color is either very impractical due to cost and labor involved, or will reduce it's value significantly.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,229,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post

Wow, how times change.
When I ordered my first car (a 1957 Ford convertible, in October of 1956) from my local Ford dealer,it was going to be two toned, which was popular in the cars back then.
I wanted white, but had not decided on the other color until I saw what I wanted in a magazine that my mom had.
It was showing dark purple drapes in a good housekeeping magazine.
That was the color I wanted.
I took the magazine with me the day I ordered the car, and the dealer said he would see if the color could be made.
I received a call later that day .
The color would be on the car when it was delivered.
With the colonial white (the standard Ford white), and that beautiful dark purple, the car was a one of a kind.
The purple was almost black looking, but in the sun one could tell it was purple.
Try getting a custom color today, and all you will here is, "We couldn't possibly get that color for you.".
So, in today's market you have a choice of grey, Grey, or gray.....
What a shame.
Bob.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 PM

1,021 posts, read 754,136 times
My 2004 GTO is Phantom Black Metallic; not my first choice, but the only others were red ( too common) yellow ( wife would hit me!) and purple!
The red interior made it OK with me.
As said, hard to keep clean, but it looks great when it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive