Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Name them in this thread.

I've purchased two Nissans from the same dealer because I like the salesman but their service department sucks. They sold me one of these pre-packaged service deals with my last Nissan that turned out to be a total joke. I paid $99 for the privilege of overpaying for all the other service that comes with it!

I was supposed to get a free dent repair in the plan but they said because I had a couple of oil changes done elsewhere that I didn't follow the plan so I couldn't have the dent repair!

Also the last time I was there the mechanic was in the office having a huge argument with one of the service writers while I was paying my bill. I couldn't believe it. I simply told them "I won't be coming back"

I just bring it to Tires Plus now. They seem more professional and courteous anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 08:56 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I do not trust dealer service departments myself.

Years ago I took in my Fiero for a stalling problem, with an engine light (code 32, EGR system). I figured a sensor was bad, and they could find it easily using the computer.

They called me back, said my engine coil and wires were bad and arching, and it would be $$$ to replace. I said, what about the engine light. They claimed it was from the ignition system.

I already read the code, I knew this was BS. I also had just tuned the car up a few weeks prior, including new wires and coil. I knew they were fine. (Car ran great once started, except for occasional stalling from idle... it definately did not have an arching problem).

I told them not to repair, due to my recent work, and that I would return the parts for exchange.

When I picked the car up, it wouldn't run. They poked a pin hole in the coil to distrubutor wire, so it would arc, and gave me some "quality used" wires which arched all over.

Never did get resolution, taking it through GM customer service, the state DMV complaint process, etc.

Never went back there again either.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:13 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
"Bad service auto service department experiences?"

I do my own wrenching. But I don't have an alignment machine- following along?

Since I can't get straight answers out of my daughter about the condition of her car (E36), I drive it on occasion to see how it doing.
Well a couple of months ago I noticed front tire looking a little thin on the outside, checked pressures, and with a quick drive I determined it needed an alignment. Off to the local G/Y.
As I'm driving home the ride seems a little harder, check pressures again- 15lbs OVER the manufacturers suggested.
I called and raised Hell for fifteen minutes-
I got- "We didn't add air to the tires", " Your gauge most be wrong"- This one really ticked me off!
Reading right or not, it's still 15lbs over, A$$HOLE!
My conversation ended the same way- "I won't be back!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive