Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 11:09 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Why am I not surprised that this is already going off-topic? Not even on page 2 of the thread and we're changing the topic? Failure to address the topic. The title is Toyota being at the top, not about cover ups.

Why am I not surprised?
You said nothing was proved, things were blown out of proportion.

Do I need to quote your posts to remind you?

That is cool, they are on top for most sales, doesn't mean they are an ethical company, or any of the automotive manufacturers, or companies nearly as large.

Last edited by MustangEater82; 05-27-2012 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times
Quote:
Toyota reclaims title as world's largest automaker - report

Some were talking trash when Toyota had its issues with the unintended acceleration problems, and how they were finished. I told many this was a temporary thing. I said they'd be back, and they are!! Their philosophy is very UnAmerican (Speaking of how they do business and run their company). I knew it wouldn't be long before they claim number one spot worldwide! They did it in less time than I thought. The numbers don't lie.

For those having a fit. GET OVER IT!! It's just business.
Why are you so excited by this? Do you own stock in Toyota?

Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Why are you so excited by this? Do you own stock in Toyota?
Just a manufacturer nuthugger.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:38 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
I will never apologize for loving our Toyotas! We're good stewards with our money. I've got a daughter and son-in-law that are Lexus fans, and they have an SUV that's been so very good to them, and whew, what a toy, too.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Who cares if they are the biggest carmaker in the world I still would never buy one of thier cookie-cutter cars.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:43 AM

310 posts, read 1,024,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Who cares if they are the biggest carmaker in the world I still would never buy one of thier cookie-cutter cars.
Just curious, what do you mean by cookie cutter? (Seriously, I have heard others refer to Toyota in this way, but do not understand it ) It's not like other cars are fashioned by hand or anything!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:32 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Many can thank Toyota for their jobs

Quote:
Toyota has a large presence in the United States with six major assembly plants in Huntsville, Alabama; Georgetown, Kentucky; Princeton, Indiana; San Antonio, Texas; Buffalo, West Virginia and Blue Springs, Mississippi. Toyota had a joint-venture operation with General Motors at New United Motor Manufacturing Inc. (NUMMI), in Fremont, California, which began in 1984 and ended in 2009.[56] It still has a joint-venture with Subaru at Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. (SIA), in Lafayette, Indiana, which started in 2006. In these assembly plants, the Camry and the Tundra are manufactured, among others.
As for cookie "cutter cars"? youd be paying a high price for individually crafted and styled one off versions..

Old 05-28-2012, 03:59 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,379 times
Toyota's are fracking boring ass cars, and have zero cool factor. I swear, everybody in the neighborhood I live in owns a Toyo, and are mostly driven by old and retired people, or families.

Also a lot of people don't realize that many Asian people, and people that are natives of Europe are for some reason extremely loyal to Toyota and will never ever consider an American car, either because they don't trust American cars still, and never will, or because they simple don't like America and what it stands for (Seriously). Not even Honda claims the top choice. I see it all the time, and it doesn't matter which neighborhood I am.

The Asian neighborhoods in San Diego are filled with Toyota and Nissan cars on the street and driveways of peoples homes. Older Eastern Europeans, or Middle Easterners, also love Toyota's, BMW, and Mercedes. Zero American cars I tell you, ZERO!

This also might just be a California thing, since I don't know how other cities differ, especially the ones in the Mid West and Southern States where the people seem to be more patriotic and will only drive a GM or Ford vehicle.

I don't know, but honestly Toyota's reputation is still tainted IMO even after all that has happened in the last couple of years to them with the recalls and quality control issues they have been having. They've grown so big, that they became a GM at it's worst. I really don't see what's so great about Toyota's besides for there so called reliability factor, just read up on many consumer reviews online regarding Toyo's in the past 4 to 5 years, and you will find that they are not the great reliable, well built cars like they used to be back in the hey day of the 90's, instead they had constant dash rattles, transmission problems, electrical probs etc. They're generic blobs rolling down the street these days with no sense of innovation or creativity. Plus the older Camry's and Corrolla's were made with better materials and less things went wrong with them vs the latest gen models that are cheaper feeling. Plus the market has caught up to the brand and some other cars have surpassed it such as the Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata which is considered the "New Camry" among car buyers.

Even Mazda's are better vehicles, but boy oh boy does Toyota really know how to market there cars, it's always about MPG's MPG's and more MPG's and that's pretty much it. Consumers fall for it and are suckered in by their expired reputation about being so reliable. They advertise to the ignorant consumer that knows absolutely nothing about cars and how to change the oil on it, or even worse, how to even check the oil level! They are simply appliances on wheels to get to work and back home in a jiffy.

You can't get any blander than a Toyota.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:12 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,631 times
Quote:
Toyota reclaims title as world's largest automaker - report

Some were talking trash when Toyota had its issues with the unintended acceleration problems, and how they were finished. I told many this was a temporary thing. I said they'd be back, and they are!! Their philosophy is very UnAmerican (Speaking of how they do business and run their company). I knew it wouldn't be long before they claim number one spot worldwide! They did it in less time than I thought. The numbers don't lie.

For those having a fit. GET OVER IT!! It's just business.
Whoo Hoo for Toyota! My husband and I have been Toyota owners forever as has our son. Presently driving a Toyota Scion and love, love, love it. Husband drives a Highlander, son has a Camry and an SR5 extended cab Toyota. My Scion is a ScionD the square one and gets laughed at alot but the little "toaster" is great on gas and when you drop the back seats, it becomes like a small pickup for hauling stuff. Go Toyota

Old 05-28-2012, 04:28 AM

15,424 posts, read 25,792,502 times
Quote:
Why am I not surprised that this is already going off-topic? Not even on page 2 of the thread and we're changing the topic? Failure to address the topic. The title is Toyota being at the top, not about cover ups.

Why am I not surprised?
The OP took it off topic right from the get-go. Wait! You were the OP!

I never cared when GM was number 1, and I don't care if Toyota is. It is a meaningless accomplishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion