Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times

Advertisements

If you can wait until the fall for the new Accord, which will be lighter, smaller and have better fuel mileage than the current edition, then consider doing so.

The Camry SE has received some rave reviews, and given the cutthroat competition in this category inlcuding the Sonata, Passat & new Altima, it really comes down to personal preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,530,984 times
Camry because it is has just been refreshed. I would also consider a Passat but my wife would veto a VW.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:24 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
Camry because it is has just been refreshed. I would also consider a Passat but my wife would veto a VW.
Yeah, I personally really like the new VW Passat, Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata as well; however, I have a certain degree of doubt about their long term reliability and resale. My wife has much more doubt about those brands long term and is completely against them.. especially the VW! Mama says the VeeDub is a big NO NO!!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
My sister just had to make this exact decision. She test drove both and liked the Honda and bought it.My wife drives a camry and loves it but priviously drove a accord and loved it. Both have been reliable with only maintenace required. I now have a 2008 Odessey and its been perfect. its really upto what you like;as that is why there isn't just one maker.Both have great resale value also.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Between the two, I would go with the Camry, if you cannot wait to compare the new Accord. The existing Accord is a decent car, but the Camry is newer, and seems to handle better, at least the Camry I drove not too long ago handled better than the previous generation.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times
Given your two choices, i'd go Camry. As stated, the redesign isn't bad (isn't great asthetically though either) and the driving experience is reportedly greatly improved. My folks have had a Camry in the house since 1988 and haven't been disappointed, one 88' a 98' and an 08'. The 98' went for 220k miles before biting the dust...and it bit the dust hard (Dead power steering, replaced pump, replaced rack, but no joy it was dead...also leaked oil from every orifice in the engine and consumed even more, valve seals were shot) my folks would have kept driving the car as it was (even with the huge plume of smoke you'd get leaving a light) if they could have got the power steering working, wouldn't pass inspection inop, so they got rid of the car.

As stated by some others, my vote would be for a new Passat. The new car should be pretty darn reliable in base form, I own a 06' Jetta with the 2.5L engine and it has been pretty flawless for it's first 100k miles (Knock-on-Wood), hoping for a repeat of the same for the next 100k. Our next vehicle purchase will be a TDi Passat, hoping for some good fuel economy, and another fun to driver German engineered sedan...it's not the same European car that it replaces, but from my test drives, it seems to be a perfect fit for our growing family...especially from a safety and fuel economy perspective...and the perfect piece of fun to drive for me...best part, it's "my" wife approved!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
2013 Nissan Altima...wait for it.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
2013 Nissan Altima...wait for it.
Yeah, the 2013 Altima sounds fantastic on paper... When does it go on sale? My only issue with that, it makes me nervous buying a completely redesigned car in its first model year, I'm always afraid of issues/bugs that have not been worked out yet....Sometimes, even waiting 6 months into a new model year production doesn't help with the issues...

Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
Toyota quality has suffered a bit recently... The Accord is the better vehicle here. I love my 2008 Accord EX-L 4 cyl sedan, you cannot go wrong with an Accord.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,507 times
We found the seats in the current Accord(4 cyl) uncomfortable on long trips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive