Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times

Advertisements

Bmw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
I must admit, the quality of Mercedes has been slipping for some time - their interior materials - the plastics, woods, and leathers - are extremely cheap. I notice the same thing about BMW - interior style has deteriorated and there's definitely an air of cheapness among these makes.

Audi, on the other hand has vastly improved their vehicles since the 1980's. The quality of their interior materials is mind blowing. I always wonderred why Audi isn't as popular as Mercedes or BMW.

As far as I'm concerned, the product is just better, and this is throughout the entire lineup.

What do you think?
If you select all, one hundred, for Audi. Exploited I Mercedes E class, no complaints . There were no complaints against him. BMW and MERCEDES-this is the standard style.(although it slips away) So I think people are buying.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
If you select all, one hundred, for Audi. Exploited I Mercedes E class, no complaints . There were no complaints against him. BMW and MERCEDES-this is the standard style.(although it slips away) So I think people are buying.
Huh?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 AM

609 posts, read 2,243,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
No such bird. The S4 has been sold with a single-turbo straight-5, a twin-turbo V6 or a normally aspirated V8.
The new S4 is a supercharged V6 but you are right there was no twin turbo V8, that would be just ridiculous.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:58 PM

310 posts, read 1,025,031 times
I wouldn't drive a BMW or Mercedes because both are too pretentious for my taste. Audi, it seems, isn't concerned as much with "image" as they are more an enthusiasts vehicle. That's what I would pick.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
I wouldn't drive a BMW or Mercedes because both are too pretentious for my taste. Audi, it seems, isn't concerned as much with "image" as they are more an enthusiasts vehicle. That's what I would pick.
Interesting insight considering the substantial marketing and engineering effort Audi has undertaken the last 20 years to position itself as BMW's image and performance rival. If anything BMW has long been considered the enthusiast brand of the lot, albeit with "image" to go along with it.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
I tend to agree with this viewpoint. The older I get, the less pretentious I want my car to be. Of these three, Audi does appear to be far less pretentious than the other two. It was one of the reasons I chose a Lexus back in '03. It is a car of quiet quality. This morning, I was thinking that even it was beginning to be a bit too pretentious for me. Maybe, I'll go American next time, get a Jeep GC.

Incidentally, I will never again buy a BMW. I had one bad experience with the 7-series, and concluded that the brand was far too costly to maintain. From what I hear from my friends who own MBs, the problem is the same for those cars. I would place MBs on the bottom of the list of these three.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,028 times
The Lexus cars are of the finest quality, observe ;

Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Incidentally, I will never again buy a BMW. I had one bad experience with the 7-series, and concluded that the brand was far too costly to maintain.
Which 7 series and what "maintenance" was costly? Mine is cheap and easy to maintain, as typical maintenance costs are quite low (and oil changes are about the easiest of any car I've owned)

Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Huh?
If you look at his location, seems he may be using some Google translation software. Just a guess.

And why does someone have to pollute this thread about great cars with Lexus garbage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive