Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM

886 posts, read 5,715,978 times

Advertisements

Contact your insurance company so they are in the loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 05:15 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowanStern View Post
My experience in a similar case was that my insurance company called the other insurance company on the phone, worked out an agreement (like lawyers, they are all in bed with each other), and called me back to tell me to just go get an estimate, send it in, and they'd cut me a check.
How long did this process take? I sent in the estimate but haven't heard anything back as of yet from the store.

I am going to call my insurance provider today and let them know what happened.

Also, thanks everyone for the great advice!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:59 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,244 times
( regarding deductables)

When my wife got hit by driver pulling out making a right turn, my insurance ( State Farm ) was great.

I got my car fixed in about a week.
My $500 deductable took 8 months as the other party's insurance ...........Progressive.....denied " any responsibility "

8 months before State Farm got their full reimbursement and 8 months before I got my $500 back.

I doubt/hope your experience is better.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM

491 posts, read 1,652,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I was pulling into the Whole Foods parking lot when somehow the electric pulley that pulls the shopping carts got loose and rammed into my car.

It left a fairly medium sized dent.

I spoke with the manager who took a picture of the damage and took all of my information.

She told me to get a quote from an auto repair shop and speak with someone else who handles the claims at the store.

I am going to my usual auto body shop on Wednesday to get a quote.

Is there anything else that I have to do?

I've never been in the situation before where my car has been hit by a shopping cart pulley.

I've never been in an accident before either.

So what exactly is the process?
I think a police report would've help to have it documented. I think you did the right thing which was immediately talk to the manager. I think these grocery stores expect these things to happen and carry insurance for it. You should be getting a call from their insurance company soon.
You might want to inform your insurance company and let them know what happen in case their insurance company tries to deny paying the claim. Then you can have your insurance company represent you if there is any dispute.
This happened to me before where a run away cart hit my car on a very windy day and the grocery store left many carts unattended in the parking lot. The grocery store's insurance company was claiming it wasn't very windy that day and tried their best not to pay for the claim.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
( regarding deductables)

When my wife got hit by driver pulling out making a right turn, my insurance ( State Farm ) was great.

I got my car fixed in about a week.
My $500 deductable took 8 months as the other party's insurance ...........Progressive.....denied " any responsibility "

8 months before State Farm got their full reimbursement and 8 months before I got my $500 back.

I doubt/hope your experience is better.
EXACTLY. It takes forever and a day to get your stupid deductible reimbursed. I always try to contact the other party's insurance company first before getting my agent involved when the fault is obvious & indisputable. The last accident, the other guy was giving me the run around, first wanting to settle for cash and then haggling with me over the amount, and finally he got all pissed & threatening when I said i was tired of being jerked around & was going to call his insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive