Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:42 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Only if your not winning races... Every win at places like Daytona, Laguna Seca etc. drives the needle deeper... Yes, puttering around on the street or even "track days" is ho hum compared to wheel to wheel battling with others that know what they're doing..
Isn't that the same as saying if you can't break par on the golf course your not having fun? Might just as well stop golfing.
I think open tracking with your buds is just about the most fun you and your buddies can have in your cars.

There are thousands of guys having fun weekly doing open track and there a only a few that can win pro races.
Should we all quit having fun at our level?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 05:48 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Yes it is.

If you need such an intense cooling system to cool down an engine it shows just how powerful the engine is.
Or maybe, as in most low profile cars, there's isn't enough frontal or intake area for one radiator to be enough. If the Veyron had the front end of my F150, it wouldn't need so many radiators. But then it would look pretty silly.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:09 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Or maybe, as in most low profile cars, there's isn't enough frontal or intake area for one radiator to be enough. If the Veyron had the front end of my F150, it wouldn't need so many radiators. But then it would look pretty silly.

The Bugatti Veyron has a total of ten radiators:[15]
3 heat exchangers for the air-to-liquid intercoolers.
3 engine radiators.
1 for the air conditioning system.
1 transmission oil radiator.
1 differential oil radiator.
1 engine oil radiator
Bugatti Veyron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:

3 engine radiators.
1 engine oil radiator
Hey Veyron...see the pic I just posted on the $1.8 Million car

Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:

3 engine radiators.
1 engine oil radiator
You said the car has so many radiators "to cool down an engine it shows just how powerful the engine is." Only three of those cool the engine. The rest are for other systems, and are shared by many cars. A quick search suggests that most exotics have 2-3 radiators for engine cooling, so I guess they're all basically equal to the Veyron, based on your assertion that # of radiators = supercarness.

If you're still pointing out that the Miata comparison is ridiculous, then you absolutely do not understand why I made it. Sorry you're missing that. I asked "what makes a supercar what it is?", offered a theoretical to illustrate my point, and left it for others to comment on. I didn't need to be insulted by you to get your point across.

Last edited by vmaxnc; 09-29-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
You said the car has so many radiators "to cool down an engine it shows just how powerful the engine is." Only three of those cool the engine. The rest are for other systems, and are shared by many cars. A quick search suggests that most exotics have 2-3 radiators for engine cooling, so I guess they're all basically equal to the Veyron, based on your assertion that # of radiators = supercarness.

If you're still pointing out that the Miata comparison is ridiculous, then you absolutely do not understand why I made it. Sorry you're missing that. I asked "what makes a supercar what it is?", offered a theoretical to illustrate my point, and left it for others to comment on. I didn't need to be insulted by you to get your point across.
Okay so what are you argueing.

All you did was verify that a car having an ample amount of radiators is indication that its of a super car stature which is what I have been saying.

It has 3 radiatos for engine cooling but the other radiators are used for other parts of the system.

Hence me saying that a supercar is just more then just bolt ons and parts swapped like a modded miata.

It's an engineered technological sophisticated system.

You pay for the name but there is a reason why you pay for the name.

If you still do not understand why you can't compare a miata to a Porshe turbo S or a MP4-12c...then I'm wasting my time argueing with someone who thinks they know alot about cars when in reality they need to read more books and do more studying....

It's obvious you did not watch the video about the technology behind the MP4-12c....or your would have just said you know what your right...

Just watch the video

Inside the McLaren Technology Centre - DRIVEN - YouTube

Comparing a Miata to a Porshe is like comparing a Prius Hybrid to a 370z..
or a civic to a Chrysler Soccer mom van...

Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Hey Veyron...see the pic I just posted on the $1.8 Million car
No but nice profile picture...

Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
If I had $5 million dollars in the bank, I could find something better than a car to drop $400,000 on.
If I had $50 million dollars in the bank, my garage would have a couple $400,000 cars in it.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Old supercars vs. new supercars:

1963 Ferrari GTO beautiful lines, truly limited production, sold with the intent to race, beat on hard, wrecked rebuilt and beat on again. Won countless trophies at international racing events.

2012 Ferrari watchcumacallit sold to anyone with a big enough checkbook and a popped collar, looks like ruler designed trash, explodes like a saltine cracker at the slightest bump and mostly seen as garage potatoes or on Rodeo Drive.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 PM

317 posts, read 576,266 times
Ford gt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive