Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 10:36 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

I bought my 2003 Nissan Altima almost 4 years ago, paid $11k for it in March 2009 at 57k miles, it now has about 121,500 miles (yes I drive a LOT) I wash my car 4 times a month, and wax it twice a month. I also keep the interior vacuumed and have "vent sticks" air fresheners in the "Black Ice" scent. Its got a few dents and scratches but it runs beautifully, is good on gas, and I've never had anything major go wrong with it yet, other then blowing a few speakers (Thanks LMFAO)

The other day after work, a very good looking girl had wanted to apprach me but then stopped before she could even initiate any conversation and said "Oh my God, you drive THAT?" as if it were the most repulsing thing she had seen in her life.

Considering I spend so much time and money on the upkeep of my car, I was a bit insulted and replied with "Yeah, do you have a problem with my car?" and she said "Yeah, I thought you were really cute and I wanted to talk to you, but I'm sorry I can't be seen with a guy in a car like yours, don't your parents own a BMW or Mercedes you can borrow?" I told her no and that my family wasn't rich like hers (I work in a grocery store in a VERY wealthy area) and I got into my car and drove home for the day

Now ladies, does it matter to you, even just a little what kind of car your man drives? If not, does it matter how clean its kept, running right, reliable?

Does "THAT" car below look like junk to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 PM

633 posts, read 724,023 times
nothing wrong with your car. i especially like that you really take care of it inside and out and make sure it smells good the guy i dated drives cheaper car than yours i would have not mind it had it not smelled bad. no air fresheners obviously. and was so 'proud' to tell me he never EVER wash his car!! LOL.

so was not surprised his house is the same state as his car and so i run away....

that bmw azz dude on the other thread. my point there is that he was obviously proud he drives a bmw just not the kind of bmw model anyone should brag they own. that bmw model is soo fugly. he'd be better off wearing the bmw logo on his forehead.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I'd prefer to be with a man who honestly likes cars (and knows something about them) because that's just something we'd have in common. Other than that, I don't really care what he drives as long as it's not a huge pointless SUV or lifted truck. Yick.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
nothing wrong with your car. i especially like that you really take care of it inside and out and make sure it smells good the guy i dated drives cheaper car than yours i would have not mind it had it not smelled bad. no air fresheners obviously. and was so 'proud' to tell me he never EVER wash his car!! LOL.

so was not surprised his house is the same state as his car and so i run away....

that bmw azz dude on the other thread. my point there is that he was obviously proud he drives a bmw just not the kind of bmw model anyone should brag they own. that bmw model is soo fugly. he'd be better off wearing the bmw logo on his forehead.
Why not? The M10 engine that was more than likely in that car is nothing to scoff at. It may not be flashy or fancy, but BMW has made some awesome cars.

I'd be happy to own one of those, especially if I could throw in an M12 turbo.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 PM

633 posts, read 724,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why not? The M10 engine that was more than likely in that car is nothing to scoff at. It may not be flashy or fancy, but BMW has made some awesome cars.

I'd be happy to own one of those, especially if I could throw in an M12 turbo.
you lost me at m10. lol. obviously dunno about car parts just the exterior. by the way my MINI needs a maintenance can u do it for free.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
you lost me at m10. lol. obviously dunno about car parts just the exterior. by the way my MINI needs a maintenance can u do it for free.
Nope, I don't do maintenance for free. I still have to make a living ya know

Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Your car sucks...I'd be willing to take it off you, you know, to help you out...just because I'm a nice guy.
PM me...

Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
No, it doesn't' matter. In fact, the more tricked out the car, the bigger the ass who is usually driving it.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times
Yes, I have an E-Class Coupe when I previous rented a cheap--albeit new--Ford. The women never reject me outright now and always give me their numbers whereas before I got shot down a lot.

I roll around in Vegas where there are tons of gold diggers and it makes a world of difference...for better or for worse.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:06 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Be glad the girl showed what an a$$ she is early on.

Personally, my opinion on guys and the cars they drive begins and ends with, "Is it clean enough for me to ride in?" Beyond that, who gives a crap? Not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive