Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 02:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 17,310,562 times

Advertisements

Can't you even say p u s s y cat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,865 posts, read 10,403,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
The same used to happen to me after I was given a company car that was similar to look at as the motorway police patrol cars.

I experienced something interesting a few years ago.

I was given a ride by someone in his early 1970s Cadillac.

He drove like a ***** cat, all nice and gentle, wafting around the area.

We got back to his place and we swapped for his pickup.

Talk about Jekyll and Hyde!

He completely changed and became aggressive, tailgating and speeding.

So maybe what you drive can affect your behaviour.
There might be something to that. For example have noticed I'm way less patient driving a lower car where it's harder to see ahead of other cars and traffic, than when driving an SUV or similar with a much higher and better view.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:18 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,072,739 times
I think sometimes people feel more empowered by a particular vehicle. I was a bit surprised by my mother's driving habits after she got herself a SUV last year. She definitely drives more aggressively now. I've had a few chats with her about it. I think some of the stereotypes are pretty hilarious. I bought a Subaru Outback and have been told frequently its a lesbo car.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 AM

107 posts, read 610,155 times
I wonder why would a lesbo love specifically Subaru Outback? What is it so special about Outback so it would specifically attract a lesbo woman? Sounds a bit unrealistic to me...

Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 AM

219 posts, read 655,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
I actually have as one of my cars a Ford Crown Victoria, an ex-highway patrol cruiser. Funny how all the aggressive folks suddenly become docile drivers around you.
Pahaha you can have a lot of fun with those old Crown Vics. Can get in a lot of trouble too, though. My buddy in HS got an old retired police one like you. Being the nerd he is, he reinstalled the siren and put a light bar on the dash, hooked up a bull horn. He used to go around crashing parties on the weekends. Absolutely hilarious. The fun ended however, when a kid who was running from a party in the dark fell into a construction drainage ditch and nearly drown. People found out who he was and my friend had...lets say a few people who didn't like him much for the final year of HS haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtex View Post
I wonder why would a lesbo love specifically Subaru Outback? What is it so special about Outback so it would specifically attract a lesbo woman? Sounds a bit unrealistic to me...
Just a stupid stereotype.

Subaru of America is an open supporter of gay rights. In the late 90s early 00s they did a little ad thing where they featured a lesbian couple who said they liked Subarus because they were butch automobiles, basically lol.

In all honesty not many lesbians drive Subaru. Mainly just outdoorsy people who want to drive in the snow more safely. But unfortunately the ad kind of stuck in the minds of people who were old enough to remember it so Subaru became = Lesbian cars. Silly really.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM

5,697 posts, read 19,072,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-a-thin View Post
Pahaha you can have a lot of fun with those old Crown Vics. Can get in a lot of trouble too, though. My buddy in HS got an old retired police one like you. Being the nerd he is, he reinstalled the siren and put a light bar on the dash, hooked up a bull horn. He used to go around crashing parties on the weekends. Absolutely hilarious. The fun ended however, when a kid who was running from a party in the dark fell into a construction drainage ditch and nearly drown. People found out who he was and my friend had...lets say a few people who didn't like him much for the final year of HS haha.

Just a stupid stereotype.

Subaru of America is an open supporter of gay rights. In the late 90s early 00s they did a little ad thing where they featured a lesbian couple who said they liked Subarus because they were butch automobiles, basically lol.

In all honesty not many lesbians drive Subaru. Mainly just outdoorsy people who want to drive in the snow more safely. But unfortunately the ad kind of stuck in the minds of people who were old enough to remember it so Subaru became = Lesbian cars. Silly really.

LMAO! Is that how it started? Thanks for sharing. I really had no idea how it started. Wow, that was a pretty big risk Subaru took. A friend of mine lives in the PNW and she even made a comment about it. She said a lot of lesbians drive the Forrester. Of course she and I had a good chuckle about it. I think the whole thing is silly. I have actually seen it mentioned a few times in these forums. Then my son's friend's mom came by to pick up my son and she said something about us having a Subaru. My son was like ya, we got a new car. Then she proceeds to tell him that they are prevalent in the gay community. This annoyed me because not sure why a parent would go to such lengths to tell someone else's child that. The woman is weird though. The Subaru is built where I live so I see a lot of them on the road. I really love my car. It drives nice and I love that it fits our family and 2 dogs. So....all I got to say is, the gays have great taste!

Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,190,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtex View Post
Besides the advertising campaign, they are basically the Birkenstock of cars. Comfy, practical, kind of stylish, not expensive but not cheap, either.

As was said, it's kind of a silly stereotype, but correlations can be made.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,920,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Just something I've noticed over time..

Aggressive drivers tend to drive pickups, SUVs, and muscle cars. Almost every time I get high beamed by someone for going the speed limit (not even in the left lane), it's always one of these. Nowadays, I automatically brush off any of that sort of thing from SUV/Pikcup drivers.

I've rarely seen aggressive behavior from Prius drivers of that sort.. Or any of the smaller cars (i.e. Civics, Focuses, etc.) Usually I have to be driving pretty badly in order to elicit any reaction from these.

Luxury car drivers (i.e. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.) tend to also be fairly aggressive (at least with tailgating, cutting, etc.) minus the rude behavior of high-beaming, gestures, etc.
Yes, truck drivers, espec the high-set ones are especially rude and subject to violent fits of road rage. Been there with those guys.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:32 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,707,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Funny, on a recent longer freeway trip, the #1 most aggressive vehicle on the road was the Minivan,
Without a doubt, minvan drivers are the most aggressive in my experience.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,422,346 times
The original poster's list is hilarious. I have created my own list. Here it goes:

Audi Q4- I have $56,000 of credit card debt.
Buick LaCrosse- Shaq fit into this car, so I can.
Buick Part Avenue- I am retired and living off of social security checks.
BMW 3 series- I am a secretary at a personal injury firm.
Chevrolet Cruze- I am a GM employee.
Chevrolet Impala- My personality is bland like ham and egg sandwiches.
Chevrolet Uplander- I am a government agent running a sting operation.
Chevrolet Astrovan- I am 55 years old, dead broke, and the paint is rusting away.
Chevrolet Silverado- I do construction work and listen to Tim McGraw.
Chevrolet Tahoe- I got a Bush tax cut for writing off this vehicle as a company expense.
Chrysler 300- I wanted a big car that drives really slow.
Chrysler 200- I am a proud member of the UAW.
Chrysler Town and Country- I am on a family vacation in Florida.
Dodge Avenger- I bought this car without reading Consumer Report.
Dodge Ram- I got injured on the job and am collecting workers compensation.
Dodge Charger- I aspire to landing a job with a federal law enforcement agency such as NCIS.
Ford Focus- I work at Best Buy and material objects are of no importance to me.
Ford Fusion- I am living below my means.
Ford Escape- I needed to buy an SUV, but couldn't afford to spend more than $17,000.
Ford Mustang- I am a single 34 year old guy living a 20's lifestyle. 34 is the new 24, right?
Ford F150- I am a manly man who needs a truck bigger and tougher than I am.
Ford Excursion- I wanted a tank, but the military wouldn't release them for public use.
Hummer H2- Not only do I not believe in global warming, I actively spit on the environment and am doing everything in my power to deplete the world's resources as fast as humanly possible.
Honda Accord- I am a conformist. .
Honda Civic- I like driving small cars with lawnmower engines. I also shop at Abercrombie and Fitch.
Honda Pilot- I am a 52 year old mother with 2 children.
Hyundai Sonata- My wife neutered me. There are more important things in life than looks.
Hyundai Tuscon- I am a soccer mom with a busy lifestyle.
Jeep Wrangler- I just returned from active duty in Afghanistan.
Jeep Grand Cherokee- I practice insurance fraud and stage accidents.
Lincoln Town Car- I wanted to buy a '57 Plymouth, but they stopped producing them.
Lincoln MKZ- I wanted to pay $40,000 for a Ford Fusion with more comfortable seats.
Land Rover- I am a 28 year old woman who listens to John Mayer and Snow Patrol.
Mercedes C-class- I am a doctor who makes a lot of money, works 3 days a week, and spends weekends on my yacht.
Mercury Grand Marquis- I am either a retired narcotics detective or a drug dealer who sells cd's at gas stations.
Pontiac Grand Prix- I rent an apartment in a gated complex with 24 hour security.
Pontiac Aztec- I am GM customer of the year in 2001 and they gave me a t-shirt and coffee mug to buy this car.
Toyota Camry- I am blindly loyal with bland taste.
Toyota Rav-4- I am a nurse who cares for elderly patients at their homes.
Toyota Prius- I am an unabashed liberal who spent $5,000 extra for a fuel-efficient hybrid to save $3000 in gas.
Volkswagen Jetta- I refused to buy an American car, so I bought this piece of junk.
Volkswagen Golf- I enjoy spending lots of time at car dealerships while my car is getting repaired.

Last edited by Nolefan34; 12-09-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive