Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 AM

66 posts, read 449,578 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry but none of those things kill mold.
Mold spores are extremely tiny and insidious and have a "seed" in the center of them that lives - and is even tinier.
There is a certain type of mold cleaner for leather - it's called something like quart--- cleaners...I forget now...but those might work.
For hard surfaces, I would use nothing less than an antimicrobicide cleaner.
For anything porous, I'm sorry but throw it out.
Mold thrives on organic materials including paper, cotton, leather, anything that comes from the earth...including people's skin and lungs and hair.
It's nasty little stuff.
Books, clothing, everything - throw it out. Don't mess around, as mold replicates very quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 11:42 AM

12,879 posts, read 13,542,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinThruIt View Post
I'm sorry but none of those things kill mold.
Mold spores are extremely tiny and insidious and have a "seed" in the center of them that lives - and is even tinier.
There is a certain type of mold cleaner for leather - it's called something like quart--- cleaners...I forget now...but those might work.
For hard surfaces, I would use nothing less than an antimicrobicide cleaner.
For anything porous, I'm sorry but throw it out.
Mold thrives on organic materials including paper, cotton, leather, anything that comes from the earth...including people's skin and lungs and hair.
It's nasty little stuff.
Books, clothing, everything - throw it out. Don't mess around, as mold replicates very quickly.
you might be thinking about a quarternary cleaner. Amonia is one. I think they have a double bond of organic salts.
Sometimes cleaning is not a matter of killing the bug but removing its source of survival.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM

That's it yes, quarternary.
Yes, the spores have to eradicated, not "killed".
Mold spore remediation = welcome to hell.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:02 PM

11,573 posts, read 13,884,389 times
Sounds like someone has zero idea what mold is, how it forms and what it takes to stay alive. You do realize that EVERY time you open your doors or windows, your letting mold into the car, right? Mold is everywhere. Hell, if you eat cheese, you're eating mold.

The fact you think your car is now infested with "toxic" mold (haha) due to you simply carrying a box with moldy items in it is asinine. Sorry, but mold does not work that way. Mold has to have A) a continuous source of water and B) a source of food to grow on such as wood or drywall. It also takes just the right environment/temperature to stay alive.

The only time I've ever seen a situation where a car had a real mold problem was when a car is flooded and then sits outside in the heat with the windows/door shut while the car interior is still saturated.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:58 PM

It wasn't that kind of mold.

This thread is also very old.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:49 PM

7 posts, read 5,823 times
Default Mold spores in mycotoxins in my car too

Hi your post got my attention as I am living through the same hell. I'm originally from Boston but now live in Arizona. I ended up in the emergency room the last time I drove my car. I too put contaminated items in the back of my car out of a contaminated apartment having no clue regarding the havoc it would create in my life. My 2003 Subaru with only 38 K miles isn't drivable. I'm wondering how your story ends and if you are able to remediate your Volvo. Thanks

Old 10-17-2016, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 966 times
Default mold spores

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinThruIt View Post
It wasn't that kind of mold.

This thread is also very old.

I too rented a house that had bad toxic black mold in it and it killed my german shephard and it hit my short term memory. I am out of the environment now but it is all in my car.
I get crazy headaches and sick. Can you please contact me to give me some tips.

Thank you

Old 11-04-2018, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,024 times
Having been through this nightmare myself, I can tell you that the only way to get mold out of your life is to leave everything ( including the car) behind so as to not cross contaminate your new living environment.

The VOC’s from certain molds are transparent and known to be some of the most deadly naturally occurring compounds on the planet.

There are some very knowledgeable Doctors that have webinars on YouTube. I encourage everyone to educate themselves with at least the basics as mold is a Pandemic in a America .

The following are aThe problem I believe to be that there is only a very small group of Doctors that understand the effects of mold exposure to humans and animals.

.1) Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker - Surving Mold- Bullet Proof Radio- (to many to mention)

2.) Dr. Rick Sponaugle- Sponaugle Wellness Institute- Florida

. 3.) Dr. Thomas Cample- Toxicology- Texas

Before moving in to a new home, I would suggest doing an ERMI test to ensure that the new environmental doesn’t have the same hidden issue.

Hope this helps

Old 11-04-2018, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedip22 View Post
I too rented a house that had bad toxic black mold in it and it killed my german shephard and it hit my short term memory. I am out of the environment now but it is all in my car.
I get crazy headaches and sick. Can you please contact me to give me some tips.

Thank you
I’m so sorry you are going through this nightmare. I have experienced all of the above.

Have you been to a Shoemaker Protocol Doctor.? With Black mold cop sure, most people get a free sinus infection ( along with many other life destroying illness) the deep sinuses can have MARCONS.

That is a Coagulase Negative Staph infection which is multi drug resistant. It is wrapped in a protective Bio-film to ensure its survival. There is a medication for that but it takes going to Doctor hat knows what their doing.

Mold is a complex battery of every disease symptom on the planet. Dr. Mary Ackerly ( The Brain on Fire)
Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker ( Surving Mold) are a good place to start for healing.

Fortunately , they display their brilliance on YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive