Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,171,871 times

Advertisements

Multiple times a week. I don't live with the millionaires, but they have to pass my humble abode to get anywhere they're going. Porsche Panamera and Maserati Quattroporte seem to be the new yuppy family vehicle of choice.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Pretty much daily. However they are the same ones. I live on an island with quite a few welathy people living here. Many are current or retired car realted execs and cars are their hobbies. Probably 20 or so of them have exotics they drive reguarly. There are 3 Ford GTs, A hideous lime green Lambo, A lotus, a Gallardo, a Cobra, Some Rolls Royce. . .. I cannto remember what all else. I do not count Porsche 911, Corvette ZR1, Cadlillac CTS V, or BMW 750s becasue they are pretty common cars and I am not sure they fit your criteria. I am mostly thinkg of cars ou do not normally see everyday running around the streets. In the summer is when the really neat cars coem out. Not exotics usually, but some awesome classic and antique cars. I get more excited seeing a restored GTO Judge or a Hemi Cuda, or an original Boss Mustang than I do seeing some Italian wedge car.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Not exotics usually, but some awesome classic and antique cars. I get more excited seeing a restored GTO Judge or a Hemi Cuda, or an original Boss Mustang than I do seeing some Italian wedge car.

I agree..

Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
Everyday

Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 PM

17,301 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Saw a bright red Aston Martin today, a couple Maseratis and just two Bentleys and thought I saw a RR Phantom but it was actually a Ghost!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Not at a show, but just driving down the road. I define "exotic car" as one that generally costs over $125,000 new, and is of a make rare in the U.S. Exotic cars would include anything from Lambourghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Bugatti, etc.

In northern Minnesota, almost never.
Where I live, every single day.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM

219 posts, read 658,109 times
Like...never *cries*. I saw a BMW M3 once in town and I was like =0

So ya... that M3, a Z06 I saw at a rest-stop and maybe the odd WRX/STI is is about as exotic as we get out here.

You see a lot of Mustangs and Camaros, and Challengers in the summer but I really don't see them as special at all. Well, the newer ones at least. The classics are sweet. You do see a fair amount of classic cars out here in the warmer months, albeit usually not ones that you will be seeing on Chasing Classic Cars anytime soon.

There are some very wealthy people out here but I just think that the climate and bad roads push people away from the exotic stuff. It may be 15 miles to the highway but it's 15 miles through roads covered in manure in the warm months. Not roads you'd want to drive your Lambo on LOL.

You see a lot of luxury SUVs out here. And don't even get me started on pickup trucks...it's like people around here use the size of them to attract a mate. But I digress.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Never in my area of eastern NC.
I've seen Bentley's multiple times in New Bern. A famous author who will remain nameless owns two (navy and black). I've also seen an elderly woman pull into Harris Teeter in one.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
I've seen Ferrari's several times. I live in CT. I saw another exotic car today but am not sure what it was. It was yellow. Now I'll have to pay a little more attention.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-a-thin View Post
Like...never *cries*. I saw a BMW M3 once in town and I was like =0

So ya... that M3, a Z06 I saw at a rest-stop and maybe the odd WRX/STI is is about as exotic as we get out here.

You see a lot of Mustangs and Camaros, and Challengers in the summer but I really don't see them as special at all. Well, the newer ones at least. The classics are sweet. You do see a fair amount of classic cars out here in the warmer months, albeit usually not ones that you will be seeing on Chasing Classic Cars anytime soon.

There are some very wealthy people out here but I just think that the climate and bad roads push people away from the exotic stuff. It may be 15 miles to the highway but it's 15 miles through roads covered in manure in the warm months. Not roads you'd want to drive your Lambo on LOL.

You see a lot of luxury SUVs out here. And don't even get me started on pickup trucks...it's like people around here use the size of them to attract a mate. But I digress.
Are classic cars considered exotic? I see them all the time around here if they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive