Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Wow, you guys are no fun...seriously though, this is the auto forum and appropriate for the question. As for being a troll, not! It was really more of a spontaneous question more than anything since there aren't really any technical discussions here...
Is it? I'm sure there's a politics forum that deals with legislative issues (maybe) on here somewhere.

Want auto advice or to banter about said vehicles, by all means, bring it.

But, you're a slacker, anyway. If you want to save lives, everyone should be ordered to curl up in the fetal position and hide under their beds. You know, the Boogey Man might be out there somewhere...maybe that will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcCDrL4PmI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I say we ban all ridiculous ideas and those who bring them to the table/support them.

I second it lol.. This idiot is like grandpa pipes..

Old 12-24-2012, 07:45 AM

774 posts, read 2,602,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I propose that all cars and pickup trucks with more than 200 horsepower be banned. Can you imagine how many lives would be saved by this ban? I also propose governing all new vehicles to 65 MPH, applied retroactively as well.

What say you?

This would save 0 lives. If you look at fatal crashes, 90% are on normal streets with speed limits of under 45 mph. I looked into this when i was hit by a drunk driver that died at the scene.

Car don't hurt people. Idiots hurt people.. What we need is stricter regulations and better training before you can get a drivers license. Kids can take drivers ed which teaches them how to drive around in a parking lot. Adults need ZERO training. Seriously folks.. We're talking about 3000-8000 lbs of steel and plastic.

50 hrs of intense behind the wheel training should be the bare minimum then you should be required to take classes every couple of yrs to practice those skills..

This country loves blaming objects for peoples stupidity. Don't blame the cars when humans are the problem..

Last edited by DELL37; 12-24-2012 at 07:55 AM..

Old 12-24-2012, 07:50 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I second it lol.. This idiot is like grandpa pipes..
His goal is the same, to bring political discussion where it doesn't belong, and to troll.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 AM

774 posts, read 2,602,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I'd rather see cars under 200hp banned.

I'm with ya.. I'd rather see cars under 300hp banned... Ever try to merge on the hwy with a car load of adults and a little 250hp motor screaming it brains out... This is dangerous...

I recently tried to merge onto 294 North in a new Subaru Impreza with the 140HP and 4 adults in the car. Traffic was doing 80+ and that POS could barely get to 50 by the end of the ramp........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive