Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountryTrip View Post
See post #150
Which has nothing to do with you running away after damaging someone's car....the subject of what you quoted.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM

337 posts, read 896,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Which has nothing to do with you running away after damaging someone's car....the subject of what you quoted.
See post #150. The entire thread and all relevant topics are covered in that post.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Was the cause of that accident the result of lane splitting? I have seen cars in the same position too.
To be honest the picture I shown was indeed labeled as an accident caused by lane splitting. I wouldn't have shown it otherwise. As a former member of a large state road safety association and highly trained hazardous waste transportation expert I deal only with real facts as reference material.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Was the cause of that accident the result of lane splitting? I have seen cars in the same position too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
To be honest the picture I shown was indeed labeled as an accident caused by lane splitting. I wouldn't have shown it otherwise. As a former member of a large state road safety association and highly trained hazardous waste transportation expert I deal only with real facts as reference material.
Nice try, liar.

Here is the source of the image: The Phoenix Dump Truck Motorcycle Deaths Were Preventable

The summary version: four motorcyclists were killed and six more critically injured waiting behind stopped traffic when they were rear-ended by a dump truck driver stoned on meth. And you have the f*&king balls to try to blame it on the people who were basically murdered. Way to go -- you're a real class act.

BTW, the article you pulled this image from ADVOCATES lane-splitting as a way to prevent such danger to motorcyclists.

Last edited by Drover; 01-03-2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM

337 posts, read 896,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Nice try, liar.

Here is the source of the image: The Phoenix Dump Truck Motorcycle Deaths Were Preventable

The summary version: four motorcyclists were killed and six more critically injured waiting behind stopped traffic when they were rear-ended by a dump truck driver stoned on meth. And you have the f*&king balls to try to blame it on the people who were basically murdered. Way to go -- you're a real class act.

BTW, the article you pulled this image from ADVOCATES lane-splitting as a way to prevent such danger to motorcyclists.

Excellent post as well.

Last edited by CrossCountryTrip; 01-03-2013 at 10:58 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Nice try, liar.

The summary version: three motorcyclists were killed and six more critically injured waiting behind stopped traffic when they were rear-ended by a negligent dump truck driver. The article you pulled this image from ADVOCATES lane-splitting as a way to prevent such danger to motorcyclists.
Evidently that picture can be found on many different sites and was mislabeled. I saw other pictures about lane splitting deaths but dont think showing graphic pictures is needed. The message is clear that bikes doing dangerous stunts on the road gets many of them killed.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Evidently that picture can be found on many different sites and was mislabeled. I saw other pictures about lane splitting deaths but dont think showing graphic pictures is needed. The message is clear that bikes doing dangerous stunts on the road gets many of them killed.
No, the message is this: don't try blaming the deaths of motorcyclists who weren't lane-splitting or doing anything else but waiting for traffic when they were killed by a tweaked-out dump truck driver on the motorcyclists themselves, you no-class liar.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:24 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Like sitting at the end of a line of stopped cars. That's exactly why I lane split every time I come to a red light or stop and go on the freeway. I've been driving for eight years and rear-ended three times, all of them while stopped in traffic.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:44 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
A rider knocks off your mirror in gridlock traffic? I've got some bad news for you man, he isn't stopping. And good luck trying to chase him in gridlock traffic or get his license plate in the .2 seconds it took for him to pass you. Let me know how that works out for you.
That's a good reason to mount a camera in the car.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Quote:
See post #150. The entire thread and all relevant topics are covered in that post.
Wrong....it says nothing about your lowlife comment that you'd hit someone's car and run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive