Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 05:28 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Interesting how such a smart guy, with "bank".....who "bled" to own a 760li didn't do just a little research on how bad that sled depreciates......hmmmm

On a side note, I have a friend who just took delivery of his 2nd brand new Ferrari 458. He kept the first one 4500 miles and though he pays cash for these cars he simply isn't rich enough to actually enjoy the cars.

Can't drive it anywhere he has to park it and lose sight of it. Can't leave it outside, can't drive in bad weather, no one else can drive it.......so many rules it hardly seems worth owning.
I purchased it as a BMW certified used vehicle in 2011.
I allowed the first owner to take it in the shorts.

If I can afford bi annual maintenance that costs more than some peoples used vehicles I can certainly afford the further depreciation.

Hey, thanks for the concern for my " situation " however. As you can see I'm really upset over that fact. LOL!!

I swear some of you really need to calm down and let me hire you to wax my ride.

I bet your a real hard worker and if I toss in another couple of bucks I bet I could get you to weed my back forty for me instead of the regular garden service I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 05:31 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post

If I can afford bi annual maintenance that costs more than some peoples used vehicles I can certainly afford the further depreciation.

Hey, thanks for the concern for my " situation " however. As you can see I'm really upset over that fact. LOL!!

I swear some of you really need to calm down and let me hire you to wax my ride.

I bet your a real hard worker and if I toss in another couple of bucks I bet I could get you to weed my back forty for me instead of the regular garden service I have.
You seem tacky to me, money or not. Just sayin.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:38 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You seem tacky to me, money or not. Just sayin.
No I'm fully dry, thanks.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
I spent 30 K on my new Ford Explorer just under 2 years ago. The only vehicle I really want to own right now is an SUV.

I'm not saying I'm being rational. But I do harbor a prejudice against people who have to own an expensive foreign car.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I spent 30 K on my new Ford Explorer just under 2 years ago. The only vehicle I really want to own right now is an SUV.

I'm not saying I'm being rational. But I do harbor a prejudice against people who have to own an expensive foreign car.
You don't have to say it. It is pretty clear.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Hell no!
EXACTLY
Why should I feel bad? We worked hard for what we have. Nothing was given to us. We earned it, we enjoy it!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:01 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,075 times
I've had nice cars,and I've had beaters.I never felt guilty about the nice ones,and I don't care about being laughed at in the beaters.As long as it gets me where I'm going safely.I've lost the desire to impress people.By the same token, I don't get mad or jealous of others with nice cars.If they can afford it,more power to them.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:02 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
It's all relative...

Some feel guilty for owning a car and others might feel guilty buying a new car...

Then again, I know a woman that feels guilty driving a Ford Excursion...

If you feel guilty, it's not the right car for you.

I restore cars...

One day, I was driving my fully restored 1931 Model A Dlx Roadster and was putting gas in it... someone commented it must be nice to be rich...

Told him it wasn't rich... it was talent and 2 years worth of work going from basket case to show car

I know a young 20 something woman that is embarrassed her Grandparents dive a Lincoln Town Car... she refuses to ride in it... she is always trying to make them feel guilty be telling them if they have to own a car, get a Prius/Hybrid.

My former boss tried to make me feel guilty for driving the same 72 Valiant to work for years... she said she knows I can afford a better car... I bought it for $800 in school and still own it.

Reeminded her my frugal ways have saved the company a lot of money and she agreed.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 12-29-2012 at 06:10 PM..

Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
I felt kinda like a douche bag on somedays driving around a new S2000 in my early 20's. And that wasn't even a "luxury" type car.

But really, it's not about feeling guilty, more about being worried about maintaining the car and being paranoid about it.

In general though, I try not to work too hard.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post

Wow... troll much?

You seem like a real jerk, money can't buy class that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive