Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times

Advertisements

From what I gather from this thread, pretty much any car or truck of any sort, driven by about any type of person (male, female, old, young). That about cover it?

Could have typed that in the beginning and ended the thread right there.

I'm about tired of these dumb generalizations, repeated by the unintelligent, and thought of as true by the uninformed.

So if you see me drive my diesel dually pickup to work, you're going to be judgemental and call me an ******* because trucks are for work, not commuting? How do you know I'm not taking it to work because the gas station next to work has the best diesel prices around and I'm filling it up to tow my travel trailer that weekend or fill the truck up for a dump run? You don't, but you're damn ready to make a snap judgement about me because you're too stupid to do otherwise.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 05:59 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,674,861 times
2004+ Nissan Maxima (No matter how aggressively it's driven, it can't outrun its own ugliness.)

Former Police Crown Victoria (Sorry kid, your dirty 10+ year old Police Interceptor with the dull paint and scuffed bumpers doesn't make me think you're a cop, so don't drive like your in pursuit.)

Most any car with a base price over $50,000. (Yes, your car DOES have turn signals. Please use them.)

Any 90's Japanese not-sporty model that has a "fart can" exhaust and cut/lowering springs, but worn out shocks. (Louder is not faster, and a bouncier, stiffer, lower ride is not "better handling.")

Any car worth roughly half what the "rims" it's rolling on are worth. (Why?)

Last edited by Thegonagle; 01-03-2013 at 06:16 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The Luxury SUVs: Mercedes, BMW, Lexus seem to have the ****tiest, most uncourteous drivers. If they are teenagers and driving mommy and daddy's car, its usually worse since they're on a cell phone probably.
Just had a young woman pass me on a double line as I made a left at a red to a green light so she coud go barreling down a windy road. I was guilty of hoping she'd lose control on some of the sharp turns. She was driving a Lexus SUV. Another time a kid driving a black BMW SUV was on his cell phone and was over the double line.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 AM

654 posts, read 1,496,339 times
Ahhhh the automotive forum..The place where racists and biggots can post their hatred

Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
1) All hybrids
2) All Subarus
3) Toyota Camery, all years
4) Any wannabe "crossover" suv
5) Any vehicle with more than 1 bumper sticker, twice as bad if they're political

Have to add a 6th
6) Anyone with crap hanging from the rear view mirror.
ALL Subarus? Even the 300 HP turbocharged ones?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
It's meant to be funny as well. Man people are so sensitive nowadays.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It's meant to be funny as well. Man people are so sensitive nowadays.
Its not funny of it's directly insulting and people were being serious about it. And so far, my pickup truck, my BMW, and my Mustang have all been lumped in with worst drivers categories.

And again, judging from the responses so far, pretty much EVERY car type and make and every type of person is listed as a "worst driver," kind of making the original point meaningless.

Now what was funny was George Carlin's observation that everyone ahead of you is an as*hole and everyone behind you is a maniac.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM

777 posts, read 1,062,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
From what I gather from this thread, pretty much any car or truck of any sort, driven by about any type of person (male, female, old, young). That about cover it?

Could have typed that in the beginning and ended the thread right there.

I'm about tired of these dumb generalizations, repeated by the unintelligent, and thought of as true by the uninformed.

So if you see me drive my diesel dually pickup to work, you're going to be judgemental and call me an ******* because trucks are for work, not commuting? How do you know I'm not taking it to work because the gas station next to work has the best diesel prices around and I'm filling it up to tow my travel trailer that weekend or fill the truck up for a dump run? You don't, but you're damn ready to make a snap judgement about me because you're too stupid to do otherwise.
People that have a problem with those driving trucks and other large vehicles must have some sort of greenie "save the earth" complex. Balls to them I say. Everyone is free to drive what they want. Most F250's and the like I see here are driven by tradesmen for work or are hauling things like large horse floats, trailers, 5th wheeler campers and the like. And their drivers are courteous more often than not.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
Its not funny of it's directly insulting and people were being serious about it. And so far, my pickup truck, my BMW, and my Mustang have all been lumped in with worst drivers categories.

And again, judging from the responses so far, pretty much EVERY car type and make and every type of person is listed as a "worst driver," kind of making the original point meaningless.

Now what was funny was George Carlin's observation that everyone ahead of you is an as*hole and everyone behind you is a maniac.
No wonder, you have an axe to grind. That's brilliant. My BMW was thrown into the ring yet I don't get bent out of shape. While any car can be listed. Some are obviously more common than others. I haven't seen any reference to a Hyundai Accent yet they are just as bad as a BMW 3 Series. Nice logic to this thread. While it can have just as bad of an owner group. It clearly doesn't in this particular thread.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,175 times
Quote:
Come on, it's not like you didn't know there were stereotypes attached to those vehicles when you bought them, right?

If it helps, think of it this way. We're not picking on YOUR cars, we're picking on the people the stereotype is based on in the hopes that they will stop making your car selection look bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive