Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 02:53 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,376,619 times

Advertisements

Buick Lesabres and Lifted Pickup trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 PM

43 posts, read 132,779 times
In my area it's usually some kind of mid-90's GM car with faded paint and a donut spare on one end barreling down the highway at 80mph plus.....the kind of car you would think would be dangerous to take up to that speed.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,785,073 times
- Crown Victorias/Caprice Classic/Donk: sudden wide turns which usually include nearly sideswiping other drivers

- Integra/Civic with grapefruit shooter exhausts: they love making as much noise as possible and refuse to shift out of second gear, also think they are driving a fast car (lol)

- School busses: go from right lane to far left lane seemingly without looking

- Any moron who insists on texting while driving: this one should be obvious

Old 04-11-2013, 06:32 PM

427 posts, read 941,693 times
Easy answer: bicyclists. They are a danger to themselves and automobile traffic.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,208,509 times
I only have one:

SUBARU !!!!!!!

It seems almost every time I have an issue on the road, it is a Subaru causing said issue.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM

24,334 posts, read 22,881,617 times
Any car with a NY license plate. " Why did you stop at that red light? The guy in front of you ran it!" or " What do you mean I can't double park? I'll move when my passenger shows up." or" I'm from NYC( well I DID visit there once), look at my Yankees cap! Aren't you impressed and intimidated?"
Any car with a Florida license plate. I don't think they know other cars are around them.
Any car with a New Jersey license plate. They own Pennsylvania roads and are doing us a favor by allowing us to use them. So back off and let them have the right of way and rules of the road don't apply to them.
Small economy cars. I think the drivers have the need to prove their cars can go fast or they have mad driving skills or something. Thats okay on highways but the passing and changing lanes in stop and go driving can be annoying. Usually its younger drivers.
Young drivers in their parents BMWs, Lexus, Mercedes. I guess we should cater to them as well.
Anybody on a cell phone while driving.
School bus drivers.
I always stop when I see them flashing, no problem there its the law and common sense. But they have a habit of pulling out on you like they expect you to stop even when you have the right of way. If kids are on the bus, thats not good driving. And they barrel through my neighborhood faster than anybody else. You can yell at a car driver to slow down but can you yell at a bus driver to slow down?

Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,958,725 times
IMO, it depends on the driver more than the car except in two cases because it's like it doesn't matter who's behind the wheel these are gonna be the worst driving vehicles on the road:

Honda Odyssey 1995-present. All apply because that's hands down the WORST minivan to hit the road and every driver can't drive worth a damn.

Next up? The Buick Rendezvous every year before it was discontinued. Honda should take note.

Awful. Maybe the drivers know they're driving a truly ugly box of metal practically sitting on the ground so it's just impossible to drive decent or even close to the speed limit. If it's 45 these vehicles will be going 25.

And most of the time the joker driving is man holding their hands at 11 and 1pm acting like a student driver. You don't hold the wheel that high.

Then again at this point in time 90% of the time if a vehicle is driving like an idiot and they're NOT texting or talking on the phone they're almost always holding the wheel at 10 and 2 which by now people know is dangerous and really a bad way to drive. Sharp turns? You're jacked, arms twisted and crossed.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,202,964 times
Tractor-trailer drivers at rush hour {stop n go} in the far left lane on a 2 lane or more street or highway.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM

2,086 posts, read 4,100,973 times
10 signs of trouble on the road - The Globe and Mail

Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 AM

22 posts, read 84,437 times
1) BMW
2) Infiniti
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive