Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM
lgt

469 posts, read 1,342,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
I heard that brother.....everything you said. These people are very lost in the dark.

I'll also add hauling drunks around that puke in the back and smoke dope while being taken home or going somewhere. It's NOT theirs....what do they care.

Fools!! lol
I guess I'm a fool lost in the dark then, with $4000 saved to show for it. That's just from one purchase alone. For every four rental cars I purchase I can buy a fifth one with the money I saved and I highly doubt the number of lemons come anywhere close to that. Now that I think of it I don't recall every hearing about any major rental car issue from an actual owner. Say what you what and think what you what, but the truth is rental car abusers make up a tiny fraction of renters. Another fact is that some people abuse their own cars and just as bad many neglect them. "It's NOT theirs....what do they care" Really? You should read the contract next time you rent a car. Sure they are lenient, but anything major and you are on the hook for it. lol all you want, I will lol all the way to the bank.

Last edited by lgt; 06-13-2013 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM

664 posts, read 1,036,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgt View Post
I guess I'm a fool lost in the dark then, with $4000 saved to show for it. That's just from one purchase alone. For every four rental cars I purchase I can buy a fifth one with the money I saved and I highly doubt the number of lemons come anywhere close to that. Now that I think of it I don't recall every hearing about any major rental car issue from an actual owner. Say what you what and think what you what, but the truth is rental car abusers make up a tiny fraction of renters. Another fact is that some people abuse their own cars and just as bad many neglect them. "It's NOT theirs....what do they care" Really? You should read the contract next time you rent a car. Sure they are lenient, but anything major and you are on the hook for it. lol all you want, I will lol all the way to the bank.
LOL LOL

Hertz 1966 Shelby GT-350H Mustang - YouTube

Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 AM

Like a "few" of us said......FOOLS! LOL

66 Shelby GT-350 Ride - YouTube

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
I'd say most of it is BS.

They're trying to come off as some kind of rebel when they're really coming off as childish.
Don't bet on it buddy.........

Protect and serve......beat the ***t out of it too. LMAO

HOW NOT TO DRIVE A POLICE CAR - YouTube

Old 06-14-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgt View Post
You're beyond lost dude. You would crap your pants if you KNEW what someone did to those cars before you bought them.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
My ex-rental is under factory warranty for another 4 years and 40k miles, and also has a lifetime powertrain warranty from the dealer, so I'm not worried.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
The best ex-rental to buy would be something with 30K, so you have 6K(atleast 4-6 months) of manufacturers warranty to feel out the car if there are any minor issues that need to be address, the rest of the powertrain warranty 5/60k or 5/100K to make sure the drivetrain isnt doing anything that gives signs of future problems.

Typically 1 good week of driving a car and you will figure it out by its behaviors that cant be figured out in a 20 minute test drive.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 AM

I should clarify that us posters who are describing the hell these "rental" cars are put through are not talking about "lease" vehicles....at least in general or as a whole. A lease vehicle will be kept for longer then a day/week.....better care is taken to make sure it is still in one piece 1/2/3 years later and up to 36,000 miles.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
I'm sure there are a few total idiots who do abuse rental cars, but I'm also sure a much larger percentage of people who rent cars drive them conservatively. Most people rent cars to get from point A to point B, and never even consider abusing them.
The sensibly renters far out number the immature children who try to see how much damage they can get away with.
In my position as fleet manager for a government agency, I purchased hundreds of rental cars in over a 20 year period, and don't recall ever getting a dud.
Some people just like to talk through their azz to try to impress... There is a lot of that going on in CD.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
My ex-rental is under factory warranty for another 4 years and 40k miles, and also has a lifetime powertrain warranty from the dealer, so I'm not worried.
Would it cover a dropped tranny or blown head gasket from "obvious owner abuse"?

I wouldn't bet on it.....

The same as a toasted clutch in a new Mustang GT with 3,000 miles on the clock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive