Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:09 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

First it was halogen headlights. Then bi-xenon headlights. Lately it's LED headlights. But brace yourselves because laser headlights are coming soon...

Remember when a broken headlight would cost you $20 if that? Now a broken headlight assembly can cost you a grand or more, and their jaw-dropping expense has made them a target for thieves. I can only imagine how much a broken or stolen laser headlight assembly will cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,443 times
Yessss!!!!!! Headlights are way too bright! They are a serious problem and I can't believe that more people aren't talking about it. Hoping that there will be public backlash soon so that there are sensible reforms.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
I would like to state that the new headlights are a danger to other drivers. I was stopped to turn left at a intersection and a vehicle was turning right and blinded me, it took a few seconds for my eyes to readjust. Sometimes, you don't have a few seconds when an accident happens. I believe that it is definitely the fault of the automakers and they should have a class action suit filed against them for endangering the general public. I have to keep my rear-view mirror down and my side mirrors pointed another direction, so that I may see. There are too many vehicles on the road that have these bright lights to enable use of my mirrors, so I no longer have the visibility I used have with my mirrors. Thank you Kia, and other automakers that decided only one driver can see!

Old 12-22-2015, 03:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Welcome!!!

I AGREE....... THESE LED LIGHTS ARE UGLY/BLINDING PIECES OF GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

Its sad,stuff keeps getting worse and worse.... It would be nice seeing someone remove these pieces of crap from thier cars and put traditional bulbs in!!

Old 12-22-2015, 06:38 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,208,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Welcome!!!

I AGREE....... THESE LED LIGHTS ARE UGLY/BLINDING PIECES OF GARBAGE!!!!!!!!

Its sad,stuff keeps getting worse and worse.... It would be nice seeing someone remove these pieces of crap from thier cars and put traditional bulbs in!!
They aren't going away. Period. Not anytime soon. Even base model Corollas have them standard.

Have you ever driven a car that has OEM HID or LED lighting?

Old 12-22-2015, 06:48 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,355,625 times
Lights are typically only blinding if they are refracting off of your windshield making it hard to see. Keep your windshield clean and this will not be a problem.

If you still have problems, consider polarized glasses.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:48 AM

929 posts, read 2,723,462 times
YES , I agree way too bright.
ALSO the Police have gone to there also, their emergency lights are way over kill.
It is hard to see around the police car, or even the officer if he is out of the car due to these stupid crazy bright lights.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,677 times
I love that comment about refracting off my windshield, if that was the only problem, but it is also my side mirrors and rear view mirror that is blinding also. The problem is not my windshield, rear view mirror or side mirrors, it is the headlights of the new vehicles. The design of the headlights are too bright and that is all there is to it. I am amazed there are not more accidents due to it. You may do physicsphd, but lighting obviously isn't your area of expertise or either that you have stocks in automakers who make the lights. Really???
From article on internet:[I]The guy across the intersection flicks his high beams at me, just like the oncoming Buick did a half-mile ago, just like a pickup will do a few minutes later. They're telling me that I've spaced out and left my high beams on, that I'm a negligent dummy with his brights ablaze. Except my high beams aren't on. I'm driving a 2015 Kia K900 with LED headlights, and everyone thinks they're too bright. Ok, it's everyone's dirty windshields!
Give me a break. Just too many people out there complaining about the same problem.
[/i]

Old 01-05-2016, 02:58 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfs View Post
I have noticed over the last few years the prevalance of super-bright headlights seems to be increasing. Many cars now have low beams so bright they really make it difficult to see anything when they are going in the opposite direction.

I assume if cars are coming like this from the factory they must be within regulation, does anyone know if there are any plans to maybe reduce the brightness maximum? I mean, if cars are coming out with lights that really blind the crap out of me, maybe the regulations need to be stricter. I can't be the only one who notices this, right?
No I notice it too, in fact when I have my low beams on people coming the opposite direction always flash their lights at me thinking I have my brights on. I actually turned on my brights earlier tonight and wow, talk about getting blinded! They were ridiculously bright!!

Old 01-05-2016, 03:00 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Yes, and Audi already has production laser lights. I can imagine that!!

As soon as there will be enough crashes and $$$ involved due to those, they will do something about them. As of now, it is completely out of control. People have no concern about others, all they care about is "me" and "my" convenience. They will buy the brightest chit possible, likely makes them hard between the legs, or something, as they know well enough how much they blind others. They will self-align them for "their" convenience again, to "see better". It does not matter, what you say here, it's the same moronic selfish desire to "show the world" that makes them put cherry bombs on exhaust.

Unti they do something, tint your windshield, as it helps greatly with summer heat too, and buy night vision glasses. They do not reduce brightness, but they sure take the painful edge off. I have gut feeling, they will start catching on this soon enough, as they did on window tints.
Nothing wring with cherry bombs, my glass packs sound great but my straight pipes on my show car sound even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive