Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Was there anyone behind the guy that was matching your speed? Why not just slow way down if you really needed to get over? I doubt that he was simply playing the a**hole game because you chose to merge...there has to be more to it than that. As others have said, using a blinker is being respectful but does not give you permission to merge over. If there isnt ample space to merge dont put your blinker on..wait until there is enough room.
No, unfortunately the guy was just being a a**. There was no one behind him or ahead of him. I had to feather the brake until the guy behind me backed off enough for me to slow down, because the guy in front of me was one of those people who feels they have the right to enforce the speed limit in the left lane. Maybe I should go post in that thread too and get some hate there.

This is NY. There are plenty of a** hats on the roads here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
Wrong,to the person with out a clue.
You slow down.
This will result in the car behind you slowing down too.

Again why were you just driving along in the left lane.
You knew your exit was coming up?
Who did you just have to pass to end up in the left lane?

Do you know any of the rules of the road?

I don't think anyone wants to be stuck in the middle with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Again challenged person, car ahead of me, car right on my rear bumper. Now go away.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM

We see you still have yours on.

Quote:

This is NY. There are plenty of a** hats on the roads here.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
With the cost of blinker fluid these days, it is just good sense to try and economize.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM

lol. Maybe he should try hand signals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
With the cost of blinker fluid these days, it is just good sense to try and economize.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM

npaladin2000,

Now I'm getting the picture.
Your in the left lane speeding with 2 other cars, none of you use the right lane even if it is open.
The right lane is open but your so fixated on the car in front, you never move to the right lane and pass them.
You just keep driving in the left lane, blindly

Then a car in the right lane catches up to you.
Your now pissed because this blocks your speedy departure and he's going the same speed or faster than you in the left lane. (you said that they were accelerating)

This situation is of your own doing.

But you ended doing the right thing by slowing down.

It has nothing to do with the politeness of any of the other drivers, but it has everything to do with your lack of...

Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Your in the left lane speeding with 2 other cars,
Do you have issues with reading comprehension? Is English your third language or something? Get lost before you embarrass yourself further. You're just proving that you're one of the reasons people don't bother being courteous on the road anymore: because they're tired of the likes of you.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:35 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,271,992 times
Quote:
are you guys challenged or something? THE CAR DID NOT PASS. THE CAR PULLED UP NEXT TO ME AND MATCHED SPEED.
If he was beside you he wasn't in your blind spot. Holes throughout the whole story.

So you were in the left lane with a car ahead of you, behind you, and to the right? BS. Speed up orlet go of the pedal and get over.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
If he was beside you he wasn't in your blind spot. Holes throughout the whole story.

So you were in the left lane with a car ahead of you, behind you, and to the right? BS. Speed up orlet go of the pedal and get over.
He was in my blind spot until I turned on my blinker. Then he moved up. The only hole is in your head.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:48 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
I'm late to the party here, and I don't know if it's just NY but people tend to speed up if you put your blinker on and they're beside and a little behind you. Here I make sure I have the room without cutting someone off (I'm at least going faster than them) then flash it practically at the same time I move over. It's more a courtesy that I use the blinkers, and I use them every time. Very infrequently do I use the blinker to signal to someone that I need their help in changing into their lane. Usually they don't allow it and it's more trouble than it's worth. Bottom line, make sure you have the room, then do it. If you don't have the room, change speeds / wait.

The worst is when people start hitting the brakes on the highway. That causes all kinds of bottlenecks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive