Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:34 PM

120 posts, read 206,303 times

Advertisements

I surf the web and find Caravans, Sedonas, Free Stars all day long for nothing. Most of them are well equipped. Has the average American consumer given up on domestics and turned their pockets towards foreign vehicles.

I am hearing really good things about Kias.

You can tell alot by surfing the web and viewing all the makes for sale with less than 20K miles. That tells me those cars have a 20K limit before problems start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 10:06 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
I wouldn't be afraid of buying a Honda Odyssey with high mileage, and I imagine that Siennas being a Toyota product will also give you no problems as a higher mileage car. I high resale value reflects that these cars don't have problems in the higher mileage range.

Also, you'd want to drive any used car before purchasing it. Don't look at the odometer, but instead see how it handles and if there are any odd rattles or loose parts. Look under the hood and see that everything is neat and in order there. Go through the service records and make sure that all the oil changes were done on a regular basis.

And... I prefer a car with higher miles on it as it usually means many nice smooth highways miles on the chassis. And that will translate into the car being driven over less potholes, and the brakes being applied less often, and the long trips instead of short trips means the exhaust system gets hot and burns off the initial interior moisture so the exhaust pipes aren't starting to rot out from the inside. Short trips for errands and intown miles add more wear and tear on the car's systems than steady highway miles. More traffic lights mean more work for the transmission.

Anyway, 20K miles on a Japanese car is like nothing.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:48 PM

223 posts, read 694,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Anyway, 20K miles on a Japanese car is like nothing.
what he said.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:38 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostsouls View Post
what she said.

Honda and Acura High Mileage Stories

Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 AM

223 posts, read 694,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

oops
sorry bout that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive