Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 03:46 PM

340 posts, read 913,869 times

Advertisements

What brand(s) are you all using?

I have Adam's full line of products. I realize companies like Zaino or Chemical Bro's are slightly cheaper, but for someone who wants to full immerse themself into detailing, Adam's had me hooked. The customer service, the "common sense" approach to color coding, and the ease of product names drew me in.

How about you?

I'm excited the warm weather is finally here. My buddy and I are going to spend Saturday detailing both of our rides all day. I have a 2010 Charger and he has a 2013 Cruze RS.

Nothing is more instantly gratifying than seeing your work progress in front of your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,227,081 times
I use mostly Meguiar's stuff and use mostly their Ultimate line. Meguiar's stuff is easily accessible and the quality for the price is unmatched in my opinion. Other than their wheel cleaners being a bit harsh, I don't think I have ever heard a negative comment.

Just picked up Griot's Garage drying towel and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. I thought about getting the Collinite 845 and although it has better durability, went with ULW instead when I found out that it does not stain plastic and rubber trims. No need to tape anything when waxing anymore!

However, my pads are all LC.

I am also planning a detail to my 2012 TL this weekend. I have some clay coming and hopefully should arrive tomorrow.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 PM

340 posts, read 913,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
I use mostly Meguiar's stuff and use mostly their Ultimate line. Meguiar's stuff is easily accessible and the quality for the price is unmatched in my opinion. Other than their wheel cleaners being a bit harsh, I don't think I have ever heard a negative comment.

Just picked up Griot's Garage drying towel and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. I thought about getting the Collinite 845 and although it has better durability, went with ULW instead when I found out that it does not stain plastic and rubber trims. No need to tape anything when waxing anymore!

However, my pads are all LC.

I am also planning a detail to my 2012 TL this weekend. I have some clay coming and hopefully should arrive tomorrow.
Hey you should check out the Super VRT by Adam's. I've used a lot of rubber treatment products and this one is seriously unmatched. It's water based, so there's no oily residue or slinging and it leaves no discoloring, it also has water repellent in it. It's by far my favorite product of theirs.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:25 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,472 times
I used Zaino for years, but they don't shiP to NJ, so I am testing Duragloss. Looks to be very similar and a lot more affordable.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,227,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerMatt View Post
Hey you should check out the Super VRT by Adam's. I've used a lot of rubber treatment products and this one is seriously unmatched. It's water based, so there's no oily residue or slinging and it leaves no discoloring, it also has water repellent in it. It's by far my favorite product of theirs.
I am assuming Supre VRT is a dressing.
Currently I am using Meg's Endurance. Has a great shine and I don't have a problem with slinging.
Original plan was to get Hyper Dressing since you can dilute it to whatever concentration you want to get any level of shine you wish but I will definitely look into Super VRT. Thanks

Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 AM

556 posts, read 1,228,168 times
Why pay more for the adams name? Go to the source and buy Chemical Guys for a hell of a lot less for the same products.

My latest order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive