Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:19 PM

21 posts, read 42,446 times

Advertisements

Got a ticket on Friday for going 106 on a 55. Its my first ticket, and I'm definitely pleading not guilty, even though I was. Also got caught for tinted windows. That's a different story though.

Anyway, after that ticket, I just don't see the point in driving fast anymore. Yea, the thrill is cool or whatever, but I could've killed someone.

So do you guys still speed? If you do, why? If not, what made you stop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 04:20 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
well if you were Guilty and got caught just pay the fine and move on no biggie

Old 05-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I've been told always plead not guilty.

106 on a 55 is... License Suspension grounds, right?

I just don't want the maximum charge.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:29 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,423,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRock23 View Post
Got a ticket on Friday for going 106 on a 55. Its my first ticket, and I'm definitely pleading not guilty, even though I was. Also got caught for tinted windows. That's a different story though.

Anyway, after that ticket, I just don't see the point in driving fast anymore. Yea, the thrill is cool or whatever, but I could've killed someone.

So do you guys still speed? If you do, why? If not, what made you stop.

My first ticket took the fun out of too. Last ticket I got as well.

Now it's my Jeep that really keeps the speed down lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I agree. Go pay your ticket instead of wasting the courts time + tax dollars. The judge WILL take the cops word on this if you don't have anything to prove your innocence. Because the cop probably does to prove your guilt.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:35 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
You will be very lucky if you don't do jail time for 106 in a 55. I'd suggest you get a lawyer to plead your case to avoid jail time. No fooling......

Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,578 times
15 years of driving and still not a single speeding ticket. A couple of days ago I found out my diesel can do at least 122mph. That was fun.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,284,410 times
No I don't speed and never did.

Reason: They showed us gory movies in high school driver's education class. I did not want to wind up like those people in the car accidents. Also some kids from my high school were killed in an accident because they were speeding, so that too.

And car insurance costs can skyrocket, not to mention the cost of the tickets.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM

5,453 posts, read 6,041,816 times
It would be very foolish to just plead guilty and pay the fine. There will be insurance points to pay for three years, license suspension for the excessive speed. Possible insurance cancellation would not be out of the question.

Get a lawyer that specializes in traffic to get the best representation you can afford. Your excessive speed will probably be a stumbling block for complete reduction in charges, but at lease it may be reduced to the point of not losing your license and insurance.

You didn't mention your previous driving record, that will factor heavily into it.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
It would be very foolish to just plead guilty and pay the fine. There will be insurance points to pay for three years, license suspension for the excessive speed. Possible insurance cancellation would not be out of the question.

Get a lawyer that specializes in traffic to get the best representation you can afford. Your excessive speed will probably be a stumbling block for complete reduction in charges, but at lease it may be reduced to the point of not losing your license and insurance.

You didn't mention your previous driving record, that will factor heavily into it.
My driving record is clean. Up until now...

Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 PM

17 posts, read 57,331 times
Yes I got my speeding ticket a month ago. The cop said I was going 90 in the 55 zone, but he wrote that I was going 85mph because if it was over 36 mph the speed limit then I would've had to take a class, but yeah I still do 80 in the left lane but I try to be careful because I don't want my license suspended. I already have 5 points on my license and it takes 6 points for it to have my license suspended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive