Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 09:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,128 times

Advertisements

Almost all auto manufactures are producing a hard seat. Why, I cant comprehend. If you take a three day 1800 mile trip I can guarentee you will be squirming in the seat trying to get comfortable. We have a new Camry and our friends owv an Honda Accord and both have seats like church pews. I'm going to buy a seat with a car built around it next time and reliability be damed. The designers should have to be put through the torture chamber of a hard seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 09:41 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,046,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
It's your ass. I'm not being jerk, it's just something specific to your body because I can't recall the last time I sat in an uncomfortable car seat and I've sat in a lot of new cars. It's important to remember that an overly soft and cushy seat is actually not good for your posture or back. I personally prefer a firm seat with good bolstering so I don't slide side to side under aggressive corner.
No, it's not the OP's ass. Seats are hard these days. I think it's a trend that comes from European cars (think VW, BMW.) My '08 Nissan Altima has hard, thinly padded front seats- I'm not fond of them.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:06 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Get a Volvo.https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...able_car_seat/

Old 12-16-2015, 06:02 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
Just had an upholstery shop modify the driver's seat in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe. 1st, they moved the seat back 4 inches, giving me badly needed leg room. Now I can stretch almost all the way out, something I've always wanted to do in any car I've had. 2nd, they opened the bottom seat and stuffed more padding, making the seat significantly more comfortable, so that it now feels a little cushy, instead of like a rock with a sheet of leather draped over it. Now, if I can only get rid of the center console..., and that starter motor that sounds like it belongs in a Nissan....

Old 12-17-2015, 07:50 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,152,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legap View Post
Almost all auto manufactures are producing a hard seat. Why, I cant comprehend. If you take a three day 1800 mile trip I can guarentee you will be squirming in the seat trying to get comfortable. We have a new Camry and our friends owv an Honda Accord and both have seats like church pews. I'm going to buy a seat with a car built around it next time and reliability be damed. The designers should have to be put through the torture chamber of a hard seat.
I hate the seat in my carpooler partner's Accord.. love the one in my Ford Five Hundred. It's a matter of shape, not padding. Honda's seats just don't have support in the right places. Plus in the Accord, I can't find anywhere comfortable to put my feet. If I set my feet flat, my knees are in my nose. If I stretch them out, they fall asleep because they're all akilter.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:30 AM

439 posts, read 516,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I hate the seat in my carpooler partner's Accord.. love the one in my Ford Five Hundred. It's a matter of shape, not padding. Honda's seats just don't have support in the right places. Plus in the Accord, I can't find anywhere comfortable to put my feet. If I set my feet flat, my knees are in my nose. If I stretch them out, they fall asleep because they're all akilter.
When I had a '97 Honda, I never liked the seat, it was too squishy. Someone told me that I could just get a newer seat, that it probably got squishy with time - but that was a major reason why I didn't like the car, who wants to be uncomfortable while driving?

Ironically, when I got a '99 Saturn, I really like the bucket seats, they were firmer and seemed to padded in the right places!

Old 12-17-2015, 01:45 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,778,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I just got back from an outing with a friend who has a brand new Accord - the highest of the high end Accords, she said. OMG, those were the worst seats I've ever sat in. Like sitting on a board. I can't imagine sitting in those for a road trip of any length.

The most comfortable seats - for me - were the seats in my '04 Silverado 2500HD. Fit me like a glove. Now I need to find an SUV with seats that fit me like that. The search begins. Guess I should go back and read the whole thread.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:01 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,945,860 times
For new cars, only Chrysler 200 and Buick Verano have the softest cloth seats I can find.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,586 times
Trust me, I understand your pain...literally. I own a 1977 Lincoln Continetal as a collectors vehicle. Granted it's a luxury car and at the time one of the most prestigious in the world, so that may have an impact on the superior quality. These are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I drove the car home from 3 hours away and experienced none of the persistent aches and pains I do in modern cars. I did not feel the needs to take break and get out to stretch either.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
Sounds nice, that heavy car must be so comfortable and ride like a cloud. I remember seeing a Town Coupe in black with a tinted glass roof, that was an incredible looking car. This was many years ago, but it looked factory to me, maybe it was some special limited collector's model or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive