Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 PM

812 posts, read 4,081,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I sure hope to God you mean the post-Chris Bangle designed BMWs. Those were the ugliest contraptions on wheels, especially the Z4.
Bangle's still alive and well at BMW. The current cars are as much his as the original and still adhere to the "flame surfacing." Making a car more conservative is part of his plan. Metamorphasis, then tailoring, that's his style.... so I don't know what post-Bangle you're talking about, they're all just tailored versions of his designs, and they're still ugly as ever IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 01:45 AM

281 posts, read 1,379,059 times
I wouldn't have considered BMW being a sexy car maker. They do make some fantastic driving machines, thats what I love about them.

I have an antithesis to an earlier post what makes a sexy car maker:

When you look at it and fall in love with its looks immediately. The driving experience sweeps you of your feet, for whatever reason. It may not be the fastest car, nor the best on track, nor the most reliable one. And yes you hear some squeeks and rattles from time to time. And yes, the satnav doesn't work properly. But who cares, I am sitting in the most beautiful car on earth...

Alfa Romeo

Old 11-05-2007, 09:03 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande1n5 View Post
Bangle's still alive and well at BMW. The current cars are as much his as the original and still adhere to the "flame surfacing." Making a car more conservative is part of his plan. Metamorphasis, then tailoring, that's his style.... so I don't know what post-Bangle you're talking about, they're all just tailored versions of his designs, and they're still ugly as ever IMO.
I was told he got the boot? Guess not. In any case, I do like his current designs better than his earliest designs, but theyre still kinda weird.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Dodge Neon?

You have been auto deprived. You do not know what a sexy car is because you have never experienced one before. Let me tell you what it's like -- it's like the best feeling ever to sit in a nice car. It's like a high. When you drive a good car, the handling, the sound of her engine, the way she looks and smells, the soft leather seats against your back and thighs, you can feel your adrenaline kick in and your heart starts to beat faster, and this smile breaks out across your face. I do not see this happening with a dodge neon, sorry.

I can't even say that word... dodge... neon... it's like poop sliding over my tongue.

Greenie
That is what does it for me There is a car commercial that says, "when you turn your car on, does it turn you on". Yes, my BMW most certainly does. One fun car to drive even if it is just to pick up the kids at school. It is sleek, black, perfect form inside and out, cradles you in the seat, handles like a dream and anticipates your every move. GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 AM

1,872 posts, read 6,491,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I was told he got the boot? Guess not. In any case, I do like his current designs better than his earliest designs, but theyre still kinda weird.
I believe he was "promoted". So he's still at BMW, but not in his previous role -- can't remember if he still influences design in his new role though.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Masserati.....if you can afford one!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:49 PM

872 posts, read 3,584,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Bugatti. From the Type 57SC to the EB110 (broken link) to the 16.4 Veyron, Bugattis have been sexy no matter whose hands the marque was in.
The Veyron is just in a whole other category unto itself. Absolutely incredible engineering on that car. If you got a spare 1.5 million laying around, go for it.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:46 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I believe he was "promoted". So he's still at BMW, but not in his previous role -- can't remember if he still influences design in his new role though.
He's the Chief of Design for BMW group, so he oversees design strategy for BMW, Mini and Rolls Royce.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
That is what does it for me There is a car commercial that says, "when you turn your car on, does it turn you on". Yes, my BMW most certainly does. One fun car to drive even if it is just to pick up the kids at school. It is sleek, black, perfect form inside and out, cradles you in the seat, handles like a dream and anticipates your every move. GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
momof2,

this talk is making me want to buy one! droooool.....

Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
momof2,

this talk is making me want to buy one! droooool.....
Totally understand. She is a dream to drive. I received a proposition the other day but turned it down........... trade my BMW for a Porsche 911. Would LOVE to have the 911 but it is not as practical of an everyday car as the BMW. The BMW still gives me the excitement w/ ease of driving in all the school traffic . Maybe I can work on him to just get me the 911 as my 3rd car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive