U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:17 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,561,842 times

Advertisements

If I survive my work schedule this summer, I'm rewarding myself with some new wheels around September.

I currently have a 2012 Sonata 2.0T Limited, which has been a great car for the last 1.2 years. I just miss AWD and want something with more luxury and refinement.

Looking for a new car around the $40K mark to lease or an used one with under 15k miles for $30K.

Needs to be AWD, 4 doors, quick (0-60 sub 6 secs), and have: HIDs, push button start, remote start, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and memory seat.

My list so far:

2013 Ford Taurus SHO
- Has all of the toys but interior quality feels cheap. Don't dig the high rear end. Rest of the car looks great in the 2013 refresh. Twin Turbo a big plus at my 8,500 altitude. $45K. 25MPG, 365HP. Mid-grade fuel. 51% residual. 0-60 5.2.

2013 Dodge Charger R/T Max AWD
- Has all of the bells and whistles. Probably most loaded car of the group, even heated/cooled cup holders. I wish 8 speed was available. $40K. 23MPG, 375HP. Mid-grade fuel. 58% residual. 0-60 5.3

2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD
- I love the looks, very sporty. Doesn't have all of the luxury stuff (no rear heated seats, cooled seats or heated steering wheel). Don't think remote start is included. $42K. 25MPG, 327HP. Premium fuel. 58% residual (G37x). 0-60 5.5

2013 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
- I personally love the looks in and out. No rear heated seats, remote start, or heated steering wheel. Must get Advance package for ventilated seatsl. $45k. 25MPG, 305HP. Premium fuel. 55% residual. 0-60 5.5

2013 Audi A4 Quattro Premium Plus
- I wish it had more HP but love the looks. Great AWD system. Turbo, so less HP loss at my elevation. No ventilated seats or heated steering wheel. Not sure about factory remote start. $40k. 26MPG. 211HP. Premium fuel. 53% residual. 0-60 6.1

I honestly would be happy with any of these cars. It may just come down to price, who can provide the best deal when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Any other AWD sedans you would add in the $35-45k range?

Looks like the SHO and Charger are dropping in value the quickest, so will be the easiest to get for around $30K with under 15k miles.

I'd be sold on the SHO if it wasn't for it's high rear end. I have some doubts about the exterior looks. Putting a $500 tune on it and getting it in the high 12s/low 13s is very appealing. Also like the Dodge and Ford under the radar brand image. No one drives flashy cars at my work, even the upper management making $150K+.

Decisions, decisions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 06:12 PM

551 posts, read 775,605 times
Um why the hell isnt the Subaru Impreza WRX up there? I prefer the hatchback but the sedan is dope too. Get a Subaru. Best AWD and reliable through all weather.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:19 PM

8,957 posts, read 15,843,915 times
"Premium fuel"?? Are you nuts?? Nobody that understands cars would ever buy a car that requires Premium fuel!!

Why?

Premium fuel fuel is often hard to find and when you do it tends to be stale gas since not that many cars use premium fuel anymore not to mention you'll go broke every time your fill it up!!

You can get a really nice car for way less money (say around 15 >25 thousand used) that uses regular gas.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:05 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,561,842 times
91 octane vs 87 octane is between $200-300 extra a year. Not a deal breaker for me. I actually would put 87 in it since I live at 8500. I put 85 in my Sonata 2.0T. Just odd these N/A V6's require premium when Hyundai and Ford's forced induction engines don't.

Big NO on the WRX. Doesn't' even have a power driver seat. I want a refined car, not a go kart. If I was just out of college making $40k and living with roommates, a WRX would be high on my list. Not for me at this point in my life. I wish Subaru put the 2.0T in the Legacy and gave it more options.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:19 PM

5,996 posts, read 12,405,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
"Premium fuel"?? Are you nuts?? Nobody that understands cars would ever buy a car that requires Premium fuel!!

Why?

Premium fuel fuel is often hard to find and when you do it tends to be stale gas since not that many cars use premium fuel anymore not to mention you'll go broke every time your fill it up!!

You can get a really nice car for way less money (say around 15 >25 thousand used) that uses regular gas.
This is crazy talk. Four of my last cars took advantage of premium fuel and many people use it. The price difference for a full gallon equates to a couple dollars. Chump change. People anything less than 91 into any performance oriented car is downright criminal.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:31 PM

57 posts, read 142,775 times
I'd go for the audi for the looks or the acura for the resale value(it probably has the best out of all of them). the audi would probably cost more to fix out of all of them. when I think of dodge and ford the word refined doesn't come to mind.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 AM

13,721 posts, read 23,085,889 times
Quote:

Why?

I think you are showing that you don't understand cars. Where do you live that premium is unavailable?

LOTS of cars today use premium fuel. A high percentage of premium cars (BMW, M-B, Lexus, Acura, Audi, Porsche, Infiniti) use premium fuel. And these cars are everywhere.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 AM

71 posts, read 134,233 times
Go for the Audi. Best option and Audi's have alwasys been known for having some of the best interiors. The A4 will drive better and outhandle any of those cars listed above. The Quattro system Audi uses is the best AWD system out there hands down. Don't let the HP/0-60 numbers fool you. The A4 is very quick and is a thrill to drive. German cars have a way of driving that exudes refinement and sportiness that Japanese and American automakers cannot mimick. German cars(Specifically Audi, BMW) may come up shorter "on paper" with specs etc. in some areas, but for some reason they still outperform many of the cars in their class.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 AM

3,383 posts, read 6,390,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
91 octane vs 87 octane is between $200-300 extra a year. Not a deal breaker for me. I actually would put 87 in it since I live at 8500. I put 85 in my Sonata 2.0T. Just odd these N/A V6's require premium when Hyundai and Ford's forced induction engines don't.

Big NO on the WRX. Doesn't' even have a power driver seat. I want a refined car, not a go kart. If I was just out of college making $40k and living with roommates, a WRX would be high on my list. Not for me at this point in my life. I wish Subaru put the 2.0T in the Legacy and gave it more options.
They kind of did. I am not up to par on subaru knowledge but like 5-6 years ago they had subaru legacy gt. I believe Awd 2.5t a detuned STi motor to like 260 HP

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM

359 posts, read 530,418 times
Quote:

Why?

lol at this post.

not sure if serious.

30 cents a gallon between premium and 87 octane.
I use 30 gallons a week, so 1500 gallons a yr.

Thats $500 extra in fuel costs/ Doesn't matter one bit when the vehicles in question are 50k each or more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive