Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:58 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times

Advertisements

The old 6 speed was Aisin as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 12:17 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
The 2009 Aspen beat out all competitors. The 07 did well too. It seems the competition was all good in 2008
2009 Chrysler Aspen Detailed Pricing and Specifications - MSN Autos

Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,240,337 times
Thanks all for chiming in! I have lot to learn about US made cars. It seems like many things are made better nowadays which is great to know. I will probably try to spend to around 45K. Aiming to get as good bargain as possible as well (maybe even check on some less than a year old resales). I think that we can get everything we need (and want) without going into 50K. We like to travel, so having very luxurious car is not something super important to us. We will rather spend more on some more enriching experiences. But, we do some travel in the car as well, and that is why I am trying to make as educated/well informed pick as possible. I sincerely appreciate all the insights, that is very helpful to narrow some things down!

One more question. Any opinion on SUV better suited for tall people? I would assume that US made things would be more spacious, or am I wrong?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:43 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
I drive a Ford Escape 12 hours a day five days a week...they are comfortable for a taller person to drive....BUT they are crap!

They fall apart and start breaking stuff around the 15k mile mark!

The interiors fall apart also...

The company I work for only bought them one year....they are replacing them with something else next year because they were so much of a disappointment.

Personally, I'm looking to buy another SUV in about a year or so and have begun looking and doing research.

I'm really looking at the Rubicon, the Grand Cherokee or a Durango....the Jeeps have the edge so far.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingeorge View Post
Thanks all for chiming in! I have lot to learn about US made cars. It seems like many things are made better nowadays which is great to know. I will probably try to spend to around 45K. Aiming to get as good bargain as possible as well (maybe even check on some less than a year old resales). I think that we can get everything we need (and want) without going into 50K. We like to travel, so having very luxurious car is not something super important to us. We will rather spend more on some more enriching experiences. But, we do some travel in the car as well, and that is why I am trying to make as educated/well informed pick as possible. I sincerely appreciate all the insights, that is very helpful to narrow some things down!

One more question. Any opinion on SUV better suited for tall people? I would assume that US made things would be more spacious, or am I wrong?
Many of the Japanese SUV's are designed specifically for the North American market, so "tall" usually isn't an issue. I am 6'4" and personally own a Buick Enclave. I find that I have plenty of space and easily found a comfortable seating position. The Ford Flex has an absolutley huge front seat area and is one of the few vehicles I don't need to put the seat all the way back. The Acura MDX is also good for tall people. It has a narrower drivers area than the others I mentioned, but ample legroom.

I think a lot of that really comes down to personal preference though on what you find comfortable. Some people are more "leg" while others are more "torso" and that can have an impact on what they find acceptable. Take the time to drive each of the ones I listed and see what fits you best. You can just pick one of the GM ones to test as they are all basically the same and the differences come down to materials, styling and price.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Many of the Japanese SUV's are designed specifically for the North American market, so "tall" usually isn't an issue. I am 6'4" and personally own a Buick Enclave. I find that I have plenty of space and easily found a comfortable seating position. The Ford Flex has an absolutley huge front seat area and is one of the few vehicles I don't need to put the seat all the way back. The Acura MDX is also good for tall people. It has a narrower drivers area than the others I mentioned, but ample legroom.

I think a lot of that really comes down to personal preference though on what you find comfortable. Some people are more "leg" while others are more "torso" and that can have an impact on what they find acceptable. Take the time to drive each of the ones I listed and see what fits you best. You can just pick one of the GM ones to test as they are all basically the same and the differences come down to materials, styling and price.
Thank you!!!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I drive a Ford Escape 12 hours a day five days a week...they are comfortable for a taller person to drive....BUT they are crap!

They fall apart and start breaking stuff around the 15k mile mark!

The interiors fall apart also...

The company I work for only bought them one year....they are replacing them with something else next year because they were so much of a disappointment.

Personally, I'm looking to buy another SUV in about a year or so and have begun looking and doing research.

I'm really looking at the Rubicon, the Grand Cherokee or a Durango....the Jeeps have the edge so far.
I really appreciate your experience and feedback. Thank you for taking time to write.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive