Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:24 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Definitely the trans. But why the suspension? Can't I keep it a solid rear axle?
You absolutely could; you'd just have a custom shaft connected to the axle. The transmission just transmits the power, it doesn't care what it's going to. That's why the same Briggs and Stratton engines that power mowers power generators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 06:27 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I should be done building my 29 Ford roadster pickup sometime this year and my next project is going to be my 46 Ford tudor sedan. I am planning on it being my daily driver, so I am going to incorporate some creature comforts, but I am going to leave the body fairly stock and weathered looking.

Everything underneath will be new and powder coated, the engine will be a 350 sbc with probably an overdrive automatic behind it. Front suspension will be a Heidts MMII IFS setup with power discs and the rear will be a 9 inch Ford with drum brakes. I already have a parallel rear spring setup waiting to install on it.

Probably will use American Torque Thrust 5 spoke wheels with radials, which is something I don't usually do..........I usually run bias plies, but I want to drive this one cross country some day. It will have ac, stereo, nice interior, cruise control, and tilt steering.

It is odd that as many hot rods as I have built I have never built one to drive every day, so that is why this one will be built the way I am planning.

Don

Just waiting for me to get started on it:

But first this one has to get done:
Beyond cool!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
I'm restomodding this car:

To this:

Using either an Aussie 250cid inline 6 or a 289 V8. I was leaning toward the I6 for uniqueness factor, but may have to settle for the V8 for budget constraints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive