Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 09:40 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,026,358 times

Advertisements

What do you guys think of all the pedestrians that walk in a really obnoxious manner in parking lots while you're driving? For example, they block your way through the parking lot or they walk in a diagonal manner instead of perpendicular to the curb, thereby taking longer to get out of your way?

Whenever I'm a pedestrian, I walk in a manner that presents the least annoyance to cars. Why don't other pedestrians do this?

Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Parking lots are usually anarchy with no one following any rules.car drivers are just as bad as pedestrians. Rude and obnoxious is the main theme in parking lots.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What do you guys think of all the pedestrians that walk in a really obnoxious manner in parking lots while you're driving? For example, they block your way through the parking lot or they walk in a diagonal manner instead of perpendicular to the curb, thereby taking longer to get out of your way?

Whenever I'm a pedestrian, I walk in a manner that presents the least annoyance to cars. Why don't other pedestrians do this?
They probably drive that way too...old habits never change...

Old 08-24-2013, 11:40 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
soviet is there anything you DONT complain about? regarding parking lot pedestrians, i just deal with it. they are going to do what they do regardless of what other people do.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:

They're the same bliss-ninnies who think doorways are the perfect place to hold a conversation. Not bad people, just terminally stupid and unaware that they are not the center of the universe.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:13 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:

Did you not see this recent thread?

How to deal with parking lot pedestrians?

Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I always give the right of way to people entering or leaving the store front door area. Some do kind of meander like cattle, though. Had a few bozos in cars that cut me off as I was walking past an open space. They just pulled in right making me stop, like pedestrians don't count.
Of course the real pinheads are the ones that feel they have to tear out of a parking lot at high speed or ones that can't possibly wait to get past you while you're backing out of a space. So they just drive at you and honk expecting you to stop so they can get around you.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Yeah I agree with people who walk that way driving the same way. I'm not making this up.

The other day I was at Whole Foods, and some woman backed out of a parking space, stopped--car still in reverse--and started texting or screwing with her phone, not sure what exactly she was doing but the phone was visible in her hand from the side mirror of the car. There was one car in front of me (directly behind this woman). The driver honked his horn. No movement. He did it again. No movement. Finally he got out of his car and walked up to her and pointed at the cars backing up behind her. She started moving, but remember, the car was still in reverse, so the guy yelled at her to stop. She stopped short of hitting his car, got the gear changed, then moved about 2 car lengths, then stopped at the T-intersection for another aisle, started turning right, then as the guy who was behind her turned left, she turned left and almost hit him, head still looking down at her phone which was in her hands. He let her go then stopped behind her as she stopped again. More horn from oncoming traffic in the perpendicular aisle.

I just gave up and parked in the last spot on that row, before whatever it was that was distracting her, got even worse.

Those are the people who wander aimlessly in front of traffic.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
As mentioned, already a thread on this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive