Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:57 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,044,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Young male drivers are the only culprits?

You've never seen young female drivers, older male drivers, and older female drivers doing this ever? Rather amazing...
I agree. Honestly, THE worst drivers I see are women - women who are constantly texting, talking, putting on make-up, and/or on their way to drop off Darling Little Damon at his latest activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Young male drivers are the only culprits?

You've never seen young female drivers, older male drivers, and older female drivers doing this ever? Rather amazing...

Oh and you drive the speed limit.. does this include the highway? I would assume then that almost every driver would probably pass you because most highway drivers go at least 5 - 10 miles over the speed limit.
I think this is just another p&$@ on millennial males thread. Im sick of it.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
I agree. Honestly, THE worst drivers I see are women - women who are constantly texting, talking, putting on make-up, and/or on their way to drop off Darling Little Damon at his latest activity.

Aggressive drivers are everywhere... not sure why people want to put a label on "who's the worst"...?

It amazes me how certain people only notice certain genders driving terribly... I'm sure the OP has encountered a young female driving aggressively but since it's a female she blocks that out of her mind. Yet any young male driver it all of a sudden sets off this trigger.... amazing how we can manipulate our own minds like that...

Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I go 5 above the speed limit. If you only go the speed limit, expect to get passed. Why do people go 25-30mph when the speed limit is 35 on some of the streets in town? Old fashioned farmer joes with nothing better to do with their time?

I've never actually got a speeding ticket and I'm 32.. it's all about driving smart and knowing when you are likely to encounter cops. I also tend to know the timing of the stop lights in town and will slow way down to try to hit them when they are green, which does **** off some of the people who like to go full speed and slam on the brakes. Oh well, I don't care. It's probably good I live in a small town and rural area.. driving in larger cities tends to irritate me... give me open interstate.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:07 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The most dangerous "animals" on the planet are people who make ignorant slanderous statements like you just did.

Oh yeah I'm 25 and no accidents and only one ticket in 6 years of driving. That ticket was in my 1st year of driving. Since then nothing else and I live in speed and red light camera land.
Ok, I don't know why you're being so obtuse, but it's a known fact that violent crime rates, bad driving rates, etc, spike in this age group.
This is not some personal affront to you. It's just the truth.

The numbers are sobering when we look at young men. In the U.S., for example, young white males (between ages 14 and 24) represent only 6% of the population, yet commit almost 17% of the murders. For young black males, the numbers are even more alarming (1.2% of the population accounting for 27% of all homicides). Together, these two groups of young men make up just 7% of the population and 45% of the homicides. And, overall, 90% of all violent offenders are male, as are nearly 80% of the victims.

• Males: In 2010, the motor vehicle death rate for male drivers and passengers ages 16 to 19 was almost two times that of their female counterparts.1

And newsflash...TONS of us live in speed and red light camera land.

There is no gender that I think is superior at driving.
The op opened this thread discussing AGGRESSIVE driving.
Inattentive driving is just as bad but is not the topic at hand.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I go 5 above the speed limit. If you only go the speed limit, expect to get passed. Why do people go 25-30mph when the speed limit is 35 on some of the streets in town? Old fashioned farmer joes with nothing better to do with their time? Infuriating.

I try to go no higher than 10MPH over on the highway but you know what.. if traffic flow allows it I'll go higher.. if I'm going 75 in a 65 and see some cars are passing me then I'll get behind them and go their speed. Now if they're swerving in and out of traffic.... I'll stay away... that's an accident waiting to happen and I'd rather be 5 miles behind that instead of 5 car lengths.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 AM

Stan....

You mention crime rate statistics and bad driving rates spike in the young male age group... you presented the crime rates... where are the bad driving stats?

I mean look... whatever they are.. I actually wouldnt be surprised if young men are statistically more unsafe on the road, but for the OP to come out and say that all young men are terrible drivers is just absurd. Bad drivers are everywhere... all genders, races, etc... have bad drivers.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:17 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Stan....

You mention crime rate statistics and bad driving rates spike in the young male age group... you presented the crime rates... where are the bad driving stats?

I mean look... whatever they are.. I actually wouldnt be surprised if young men are statistically more unsafe on the road, but for the OP to come out and say that all young men are terrible drivers is just absurd. Bad drivers are everywhere... all genders, races, etc... have bad drivers.
They are implied in their ridiculous insurance rates and look again at my post - there are stats there.
If you want more, simply google them.

According to an American Automobile Association risk analysis, male drivers of any age are more likely than females to die in a car accident. In fact, men have a 77 percent higher risk for fatal accidents, considering miles driven.

Men also tend to have riskier driving styles. For example, fewer men use seat belts and more men drive after drinking alcohol. Speeding factors into more accidents involving men than women. When allowed by law, insurance companies recognize these factors by offering lower rates for female drivers.

The U.S. Department of Transportation lists several reasons insurers consider teen boys at highest risk for accidents. 1) Two-thirds of teens killed in motor vehicle crashes are male. 2) Teen boys are more than twice as likely as teen girls to get into accidents involving alcohol. 3) Young males are less likely to wear seat belts when driving.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:17 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok, I don't know why you're being so obtuse, but it's a known fact that violent crime rates, bad driving rates, etc, spike in this age group.
This is not some personal affront to you. It's just the truth.

The numbers are sobering when we look at young men. In the U.S., for example, young white males (between ages 14 and 24) represent only 6% of the population, yet commit almost 17% of the murders. For young black males, the numbers are even more alarming (1.2% of the population accounting for 27% of all homicides). Together, these two groups of young men make up just 7% of the population and 45% of the homicides. And, overall, 90% of all violent offenders are male, as are nearly 80% of the victims.

• Males: In 2010, the motor vehicle death rate for male drivers and passengers ages 16 to 19 was almost two times that of their female counterparts.1

And newsflash...TONS of us live in speed and red light camera land.

There is no gender that I think is superior at driving.
The op opened this thread discussing AGGRESSIVE driving.
Inattentive driving is just as bad but is not the topic at hand.
I have a problem with me being 25 years old and having testicles automatically means im a danger to eveyone around me. It ia no different than saying because I'm black im going to rob someone. It shows a lack of education and sounds stupid.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
They are implied in their ridiculous insurance rates and look again at my post - there are stats there.
If you want more, simply google them.

According to an American Automobile Association risk analysis, male drivers of any age are more likely than females to die in a car accident. In fact, men have a 77 percent higher risk for fatal accidents, considering miles driven.

Men also tend to have riskier driving styles. For example, fewer men use seat belts and more men drive after drinking alcohol. Speeding factors into more accidents involving men than women. When allowed by law, insurance companies recognize these factors by offering lower rates for female drivers.

The U.S. Department of Transportation lists several reasons insurers consider teen boys at highest risk for accidents. 1) Two-thirds of teens killed in motor vehicle crashes are male. 2) Teen boys are more than twice as likely as teen girls to get into accidents involving alcohol. 3) Young males are less likely to wear seat belts when driving.

I had no interest in googling them... you were the one telling us that "statistics show" and you simply didn't show any... but now you did... so thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive