U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Colorado
18,699 posts, read 4,623,175 times
Reputation: 5251

Advertisements

We have 4 vehicles my husband bought at an auction several years ago..all needed some
repair and all are paid for...would you sell one or more or just keep them all? We really don't
want to have a car payment and trading them in or selling them wouldn't be enough to cover
getting another car. We hope to keep at least one running a long time...

1998 Cadillac Seville
2000 Chevy Blazer
2001 Buick Century
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Tx
7,025 posts, read 7,397,594 times
Reputation: 8235
Without knowing anything about the cars, I'd ditch the Rodeo and the Century and keep the Blazer and Seville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Colorado
18,699 posts, read 4,623,175 times
Reputation: 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Without knowing anything about the cars, I'd ditch the Rodeo and the Century and keep the Blazer and Seville.
Thank you for your advice, do you think the Blazer and Seville are better vehicles in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:56 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,380 posts, read 28,853,594 times
Reputation: 20935
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
We have 4 vehicles my husband bought at an auction several years ago..all needed some
repair and all are paid for...would you sell one or more or just keep them all? We really don't
want to have a car payment and trading them in or selling them wouldn't be enough to cover
getting another car. We hope to keep at least one running a long time...

1998 Cadillac Seville
2000 Chevy Blazer
2001 Buick Century
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
The Cadillac will probably cost you more to fix than it is worth, if there is anything major wrong with it. If the Rodeo or the Blazer is 2 door I'd keep them and get rid of the Buick.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,790 posts, read 12,412,933 times
Reputation: 10007
The 01 Century is a w-body with a 3.1 v6. That means a car that can go 250k miles with the least amount of maintenance. The blazer is probably the next cheapest. Sell the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,267 posts, read 25,327,596 times
Reputation: 10420
I'd definitely KEEP the Cadillac Seville . . . and probably either the Buick or the Chevy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 05:40 PM
 
26,149 posts, read 37,506,085 times
Reputation: 34023
I see we have a consensus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 07:12 PM
 
9,566 posts, read 13,365,730 times
Reputation: 10347
I say we sell all four, as none of them is a good car, and buy Camry Hybrid.

Camry Hybrid (Toyota Camry) | Fuelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 PM
 
Location: H-town, TX.
3,386 posts, read 5,355,667 times
Reputation: 2088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The 01 Century is a w-body with a 3.1 v6. That means a car that can go 250k miles with the least amount of maintenance. The blazer is probably the next cheapest. Sell the other two.
Agreed. Isuzu doesn't do passenger vehicle biz in North America for a reason and the Caddy will cost an arm and a leg to keep running. The Buick is the leader here and the Blazer is a cheaper "say prayers and hope for the best" choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I say we sell all four, as none of them is a good car, and buy Camry Hybrid.

Camry Hybrid (Toyota Camry) | Fuelly
You're paying their note, right? Or did you overlook the lack of want of a car payment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2013, 03:10 PM
 
9,566 posts, read 13,365,730 times
Reputation: 10347
Sorry, posted in wrong thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top