Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times

Advertisements

You gotta love little old ladies.....

I was at the Kroger (grocery store) on a "senior discount day" putting my groceries in the truck. Two elderly ladies were leaving at the same time and backed into each other. I KNOW they felt it and it was enough to make dents in the rear bumpers but BOTH of these ladies drove off without stopping to investigate the damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 10:32 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
It was the first day of the month. EBT cards were refilled at midnight. All the Walmartians were in the grocery store. My wife had to park her handicap van way out in the lot. It was raining. There was a blue Oldsmobile in the closest handicap slot. We live in a logging area. I went into the store and there on the customer service counter was a large microphone. I couldn't resist.

"Attention shoppers: There is a blue Oldsmobile in the handicap spot with no handicap plate or placard. Is it OK if it throw a chain around it and drag it around back to the swamp?"

The customer service lady came running out and said, "You can't do that!"

"Too late. I already did."

Just then a heavy set lady came running out and went out the front door to the Oldsmobile. I didn't wait to see if she came back into the store. I told the customer service lady it might be a good idea to check for an abandoned cart that could contain iced cream. I picked up my wife's prescription at the pharmacy and left.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I see a 70-something older ...female driver ...in a Toyota Camry.....?
Ummmm....they don't "do" backing up.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:42 AM

455 posts, read 597,946 times
Camry drivers...the scourge of the road.

And if Camrys actually do back up, they usually get left with the good old "Camry Dent" right in the corner of the bumper

Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,011,731 times
Eh...if you can't brush something like this off w/o a city-data post i feel for ya. I'd have jut moved over, and gotten on with life. If they hit my car, i'd get out, get their insurance, and move on... if we wanted to adequately police one way traffic, they'd have a camera on every one way street to write infractions on every person who disobeyed the law...I have a co-worker who thinks it's his job to enforce traffic laws on public streets by yelling at other folks who he see's breaking the law...he needs a life.

live and let live.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Why did you make some sort of gesture toward the elderly woman and why did you not get out the way? If you did that to me, I would have taught you a lesson about parking lot rage as I do all the time. I'll drive whatever way I want in a parking lot.
And you are a douche.. and no figure you hail from Miami

Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
The OP seems to have a lot of these types of confrontations.
Unfortunately, similar encounters are a near-daily occurrence around here. While city living has its benefits, maintaining an overall favorable opinion of humanity isn't one of them.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:33 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Eh...if you can't brush something like this off w/o a city-data post i feel for ya. I'd have jut moved over, and gotten on with life. If they hit my car, i'd get out, get their insurance, and move on... if we wanted to adequately police one way traffic, they'd have a camera on every one way street to write infractions on every person who disobeyed the law...I have a co-worker who thinks it's his job to enforce traffic laws on public streets by yelling at other folks who he see's breaking the law...he needs a life.

live and let live.
Live and let live fine.. but most drivers THIS bad do not. If you are so oblivious to all the one way signs and arrows painted n the ground you are most likely the same horrible driver running into cars AND pedestrians without realizing it as well. These drives should be off the road, and many of those, in jail for the excessive amount of personal and property damage they create.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:41 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Where I live this seems to be an hourly thing..... Heck you can go into a parking lot at one end and travel thru to the other end and see this type of thing 5 or 6 times....

Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
Why did you make some sort of gesture toward the elderly woman and why did you not get out the way? If you did that to me, I would have taught you a lesson about parking lot rage as I do all the time. I'll drive whatever way I want in a parking lot.

Well aren't you just a special snowflake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive