Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:21 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Or more likely that you're just one of many that goes out of their way to "find" racism in situations that there really is none?

I believe I was speaking to someone other than you and it was meant in a friendly way and besides that I don't have a single occurrence of a racial post in my long history on CityData. I do see that in your short time here that you seem to enjoy being snarky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,037,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind spot View Post
LOL but dontcha know, only losers conform to parking lot rules...true rebels will park in fire lanes (or park across multiple spaces), drive across spaces, go the wrong way down the aisle, and not look for pedestrians or other cars as they drive....and they DEFINITELY don't drive slowly...40mph is a minimum. And if they happen to clip your car as they go past, hey, no harm no foul. You can't keep him down! He'll do whatever he sees fit. Driving laws are beneath him.
I park his way because I'm a rebel!!!

Last edited by GarageLogic; 10-08-2013 at 06:49 AM..

Old 10-08-2013, 07:09 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,570,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
Yuk, yuk. Where I live, you'd have some new designs on the side of your vehicle made by a pointy object. I park well away from the entrance to any business. Get a little walking in. Besides, all of the disabled spaces are filled up with late model vehicles whose drivers show no outward evidence of any disability. I know, I know, some disabilities don't show up necessarily. But...

Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,037,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
Yuk, yuk. Where I live, you'd have some new designs on the side of your vehicle made by a pointy object. I park well away from the entrance to any business. Get a little walking in. Besides, all of the disabled spaces are filled up with late model vehicles whose drivers show no outward evidence of any disability. I know, I know, some disabilities don't show up necessarily. But...
I'm doing more of that all the time - parking a ways away, and just walking.

It's amazing to me how we'll fight for the nearest parking spot by a mall, then spend half the day walking MILES inside the mall. Makes no sense to me. MY solution is to just never go to the mall!

Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,852,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
When you gestured to her that she was driving the wrong way and then you spitefully blocked her passage, what, exactly, did you want her to do in order to remedy the problem? Back all the way back out of the drive lane, dangerously, where there are people moving about on foot, with you glaring at her making her feel, among other things, angry?
Would it have been better for him to let granny continue on her oblivious way, and perhaps strike an oncoming vehicle head-on????

Old 10-08-2013, 08:08 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1946 View Post
>>>> Around here's its late model SUVs or full size trucks with the occasional sports coupe. Those big vehicles are a little hard to get in and out of but people with handicaps like to off road, too. You also get those placards if you drive a disabled person and you can use them even when they're not with you, its great. I can't remember the last time I saw an actual walker or wheelchair in use near a handicap spot. Way back when, when spots were few in number, you did.
If police departments want an easy revenue stream, they could just do a stake out of the local grocery stores and retail box stores and nail any number of scammers.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
My neighbors brother in law was murdered in a fight over a neighborhood handicapped parking space. On their street he applied and got a special handicapped space and another neighbor, who also had a handicapped placard, wanted to use it too. They argued, one drew a gun, the other said go ahead and shoot, one died, ones in prison. Both elderly.
Neither was in dire need of it but there's a sense of entitlement and a lowered standard of dignity and self respect that says take whatever you can and take path of least resistance. Our culture and society is collapsing.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:26 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
Eh, I usually just stop and make them back up. You want to keep going and hit me, fine. Better hope you don't set off the airbags, that's another 10 grand right there depending on how many go off. You want to hoot and holler at me, go right ahead, I can sit around for awhile. I'm for sure not backing out into a main road and getting t-boned because someone else can't read a road sign. If there's room to go around, I'm all for it don't get me wrong. But on the roads that are one car wide (and I used to drive on a few all the time), nope. You're backing up until you can either turn around or get out of the way.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 AM

155 posts, read 347,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
Looks like the two cars parking perpendicular pinned in the parrellel parker.

I would have like to see the rebel get out of that spot.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
You guys don't know how lucky you've got it.

Parking in Russia - YouTube

Maybe we need Russian Tow-away zone enforcement :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uEHfmzkw0

Last edited by jtur88; 10-08-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive