Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:42 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times

Advertisements

For the comfort you like, look at a Crown Vic or Grand Marquis. Also, don't discount the RentalRockets. While they are driven by many different people, you KNOW they were maintained. Especially the Hertz and Enterprise vehicles, as they tend to have the most stringent maintenance schedules. The reason you see lots of Impalas and Camrys is that they sold a lot of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:52 PM

56 posts, read 93,064 times
havent seen any chargers in my price range
malibu seems nice, but i figure might as well get a bigger impala at that point, any more feedback on impalas? some reports say they are pretty reliable, others not

Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
For the comfort you like, look at a Crown Vic or Grand Marquis. Also, don't discount the RentalRockets. While they are driven by many different people, you KNOW they were maintained. Especially the Hertz and Enterprise vehicles, as they tend to have the most stringent maintenance schedules. The reason you see lots of Impalas and Camrys is that they sold a lot of them.
thats true, but i still think rental cars are no good, u dont kno who drove them and how, if its not your car, you are less likely to treat it nicely

Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 PM

1,780 posts, read 4,026,599 times
Ford Fusion? Hyundai Sonata? Should be plenty of them available for 12k.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:09 PM

Is lacrosse better than impala?

Old 10-16-2013, 02:59 PM

129 posts, read 516,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimywilin' View Post
Is lacrosse better than impala?
Roughly the same mechanically. Lacrosse is quieter inside, has a more luxurious design with better materials and a classier look. The Impala is considered entry-level, the Lacrosse is considered by some to be near-luxury.

Again the Buicks were generally single owner cars, and are usually but not always equipped with a generous list of options and well maintained. Lots of the Impalas were either lease returns, or ex-rental fleet vehicles. Most of the folks who were making payments on Impalas are still driving them.

A large amount if not over 80% of Buicks were bought with cash or with a large down payment or a low mileage lease that never even got close to maximum allowed mileage, then traded in for a newer model by more "seasoned" owners that have a little more coin in pocket than your everyday driver. Buicks were also corporate fleet lease vehicles, these were for company executives, not airport rental rockets. Buick folks mostly have a conservative taste in cars and prefer to buy American.

So yes, in my opinion unless we are talking about the high power Impala, which would only be for 0-60 times, the Lacrosse is a much better car. There are some Buicks with a V-8 under the hood though. I vote Buick hands down.

Last edited by orrecc; 10-16-2013 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: B.I.C.K. the only thing missing is U!!

Old 10-16-2013, 03:22 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimywilin' View Post
havent seen any chargers in my price range
malibu seems nice, but i figure might as well get a bigger impala at that point, any more feedback on impalas? some reports say they are pretty reliable, others not
Impalas that had the 3800 motor are a good bet. Lots of them are pressed into cab and police service, which should tell you something. Any mechanic can work on them. Lots of people at my company have them as company cars and they seem to be pretty problem free, 100k miles before they turn them over.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrecc View Post
Roughly the same mechanically. Lacrosse is quieter inside, has a more luxurious design with better materials and a classier look. The Impala is considered entry-level, the Lacrosse is considered by some to be near-luxury.

Again the Buicks were generally single owner cars, and are usually but not always equipped with a generous list of options and well maintained. Lots of the Impalas were either lease returns, or ex-rental fleet vehicles. Most of the folks who were making payments on Impalas are still driving them.

A large amount if not over 80% of Buicks were bought with cash or with a large down payment or a low mileage lease that never even got close to maximum allowed mileage, then traded in for a newer model by more "seasoned" owners that have a little more coin in pocket than your everyday driver. Buicks were also corporate fleet lease vehicles, these were for company executives, not airport rental rockets. Buick folks mostly have a conservative taste in cars and prefer to buy American.

So yes, in my opinion unless we are talking about the high power Impala, which would only be for 0-60 times, the Lacrosse is a much better car. There are some Buicks with a V-8 under the hood though. I vote Buick hands down.
yea, im gon look at both and go with whateva better deal i find, either way im gon disregard rental cars, which comes up in carfax

Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,199,941 times
I second the comments on Buick. Have been driving them for years (all 3800s) and my next one will probably be a Lacrosse with a 3800. The last one I traded had 225,000 miles on it with many miles left in it. The current one averages about 26 mpg. Last long trip was 27.4 mpg. Had a Malibu rental last summer with a 2.5 4 cylinder and it averaged 27.5 mpg. Nothing like a comfortable, reliable car that gets good mileage.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:45 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Impalas that had the 3800 motor are a good bet. Lots of them are pressed into cab and police service, which should tell you something. Any mechanic can work on them. Lots of people at my company have them as company cars and they seem to be pretty problem free, 100k miles before they turn them over.
The 3800 wasn't offered in the version('06-'13) that the OP is considering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive