Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:00 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times

Advertisements

not that i would ever lay my money down and say "one for the Fast and Furious, please", but i have managed to see all three instalments of this ridiculously bad franchise over the years. the first movie, i saw while i was in the military while on staff duty. my driver had it, so i figured what the hell. the second one, i actually did rent a few years ago on Thanksgiving. my buddies and i figured we'd get more laughs out of it than if we rented a comedy. we were right. and the third one i have seen at my neighbors house. his teenage kids always have it on. here are a few of my favorite recurring themes from these awful movies:

• when drag racing, winning a race always comes down to finding some hidden nitrous button that you forgot you had.
  • you can tune your car (spark and fuel mapping, ect) using a sony playstation.
  • a suped-up Mitsubishi Eclipse will will hang with a 70 Dodge Charger with a blown big block hemi in a quarter mile race. btw, this Charger does 100 ft. wheelys off the line.
  • somehow, you can take down organized crime through drag racing.
  • an EVO and a suped-up Eclipse will dominate a Z06 Corvette and a Saleen Mustang in an cross-town road race on the Interstate...as well as dominate a ZL1 Camaro and a Hemi Cuda in a drag race.
  • street driven Honda Civics and puke green Mitsubishi Eclipses are also "ten second race cars".
  • you can obtain inner peace through drifting.
  • chicks LOVE loud little cars with oversized spoilers, oversized mufflers, and neon lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 01:30 PM

667 posts, read 2,888,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
  • chicks LOVE loud little cars with oversized spoilers, oversized mufflers, and neon lights.
From some of my younger friends, it appears that women for some reason DO love them. No clue why but it's there...

Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
- A lowered Honda Civic is small enough to pass effortlessly beneath any over the road trailer.

- 1/4 mile races at three digit speeds somehow last 30 or more seconds.

- The average trucker is able to reload a sawed-off shotgun, shoot in any direction, and perform evasive manuevers in a 180,000 lb truck at high speed.

- There are millions of teenagers out there relegated to street racing because ADHD kept them out of MIT.

And finally the worst cliche?

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." gag me...

Old 11-26-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." gag me...
yeah, "for that ten seconds or less, i'm free."

would that be the first ten seconds or the second ten seconds that your Mitsubishi takes to cover the quarter, Vin?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
not that i would ever lay my money down and say "one for the Fast and Furious, please", but i have managed to see all three instalments of this ridiculously bad franchise over the years. the first movie, i saw while i was in the military while on staff duty. my driver had it, so i figured what the hell. the second one, i actually did rent a few years ago on Thanksgiving. my buddies and i figured we'd get more laughs out of it than if we rented a comedy. we were right. and the third one i have seen at my neighbors house. his teenage kids always have it on. here are a few of my favorite recurring themes from these awful movies:

• when drag racing, winning a race always comes down to finding some hidden nitrous button that you forgot you had.
  • you can tune your car (spark and fuel mapping, ect) using a sony playstation.
  • a suped-up Mitsubishi Eclipse will will hang with a 70 Dodge Charger with a blown big block hemi in a quarter mile race. btw, this Charger does 100 ft. wheelys off the line.
  • somehow, you can take down organized crime through drag racing.
  • an EVO and a suped-up Eclipse will dominate a Z06 Corvette and a Saleen Mustang in an cross-town road race on the Interstate...as well as dominate a ZL1 Camaro and a Hemi Cuda in a drag race.
  • street driven Honda Civics and puke green Mitsubishi Eclipses are also "ten second race cars".
  • you can obtain inner peace through drifting.
Dont forget that hitting the NOS button will also cause the passenger floorboard to pop all its rivets off and hurtle it into the night.

Or the utterly retarded comment of "I bet he's got a 100 grand under the hood". That dang engine better have been diamond-encrusted titanium! lol

Seriously, as cheesy as those movies are, Ive watched all of them. Dont know why or ever will. Oh well, it was a good laugh (or 50).

I do have to say that there are MANY Eclipses and Evos and whatnot that will easily smoke a Z06. There are 4 cylinder cars running 6 and 7 second 1/4 miles. Just be careful who you pick a fight with.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:27 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
yeah, "for that ten seconds or less, i'm free."

would that be the first ten seconds or the second ten seconds that your Mitsubishi takes to cover the quarter, Vin?
Vin drove a Mazda RX-7. Another car with a ridiculously small motor (basically a 1.3L, but a Wankel) that can be made to go ultra fast. Ive witnessed what appeared to be a stock RX-7 (but obviously wasnt) run low 10s on street tires. They run high 13s stock, which is quite good considering how tiny the motor is. Back in their production days, they were Corvette competition. The replacement RX-8 is not so good....

Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,865,846 times
you obviously didn't pay much attention because a supra was racing the charger lol.

they are just movies. take em with a grain of salt.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:14 AM

yeah, well, touch'e.

how many times have you seen this movie?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,865,846 times
couple times, its mindless entertainment. and i know you're wondering; no i don't have stickers or live my life a 1/4 mile at a time either. lol. but i do think its funny when people complain about this movie like it was specifically made just to personally insult them lol.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post

I do have to say that there are MANY Eclipses and Evos and whatnot that will easily smoke a Z06. There are 4 cylinder cars running 6 and 7 second 1/4 miles. Just be careful who you pick a fight with.
Steve-o. PLEASE, DUDE. there is NO 6 or 7 second car (4,6,8,10,12 cylinders) that can possibly, even by a layman, be mistaken for a street car.

and no 6 or 7 second drag car is going to be suitable for a prolonged road race down the interstate. and it's not going to look anything like a street car, foreign or domestic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive