Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM

18,414 posts, read 15,113,085 times

Advertisements

After driving the Tahoe, the Sequoia, and the Infinity, the Infinity is a little more expensive, but the drive is so much nicer. It doesn't even feel like you are in a truck based vehicle. The interior finish is somewhat nicer too. I think the exterior of the Tahoe is nicer, but not enough to make up for the difference in the ride. In the next few days, I am going to pull the trigger, and unless I read or hear something that changes my mind, I am leaning towards the Infinity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 04:34 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,055,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Get a used one, let someone else eat the depreciation.
If you absolutely must have one, then this is the best advice to follow. ^^This^^

Old 04-09-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
If you absolutely must have one, then this is the best advice to follow. ^^This^^
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but, who doesn't already know this?
Even people who buy new, know that it makes more economic sense to buy "slightly used". They aren't buying new because they are oblivious to that fact. Some people want new cars for personal reasons, model changes, break in period, etc. They buy new, knowing that they are taking a hit on depreciation, but that is a price they are willing to pay, for whatever reason. I have bought cars new and used, it all depends on my circumstances or the car's circumstances.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,958,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Even people who buy new, know that it makes more economic sense to buy "slightly used". They aren't buying new because they are oblivious to that fact. Some people want new cars for personal reasons, model changes, break in period, etc. They buy new, knowing that they are taking a hit on depreciation, but that is a price they are willing to pay, for whatever reason. I have bought cars new and used, it all depends on my circumstances or the car's circumstances.
If you can afford it, Buy new! You get the full factory warranty, know exactly how the car was treated and maintained, and since you keep a car a long time, why not?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM

So I finally chose an SUV to replace my 2003 Tahoe. It is the Infinity QX80. It met all my needs, plus it had the nicest ride of all the SUVs I tested. Actually, the Lexus had an equally nice ride, but was $10k more for a similarly equiped vehicle. And really, when you loaded the "cheaper" SUVs with the same options as the Infinity, the prices weren't all that much different. Thanks to the forum for all your input.

It's only been 2 days, but I love it so far. I hope it lasts me 11 years like the Tahoe did.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,953,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Get a used one, let someone else eat the depreciation.
No kidding. I bought a used 2010 Grand Jeep Cherokee 5.7L/QD2 for $21.6K a few months back. MSRP was around $40K as optioned. Has 72K miles, needed tires and fluids serviced and a few other things to be in tip-top shape. Note is $395 instead of $650. To me, worth it. I did the "new vehicle" thing a couple of times, and am done.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,953,182 times
Quote:
So I finally chose an SUV to replace my 2003 Tahoe. It is the Infinity QX80. It met all my needs, plus it had the nicest ride of all the SUVs I tested. Actually, the Lexus had an equally nice ride, but was $10k more for a similarly equiped vehicle. And really, when you loaded the "cheaper" SUVs with the same options as the Infinity, the prices weren't all that much different. Thanks to the forum for all your input.

It's only been 2 days, but I love it so far. I hope it lasts me 11 years like the Tahoe did.

I've heard very little about them, but what I have heard all seems +

Old 04-19-2014, 10:40 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,467,065 times
Quote:
After driving the Tahoe, the Sequoia, and the Infinity, the Infinity is a little more expensive, but the drive is so much nicer. It doesn't even feel like you are in a truck based vehicle. The interior finish is somewhat nicer too. I think the exterior of the Tahoe is nicer, but not enough to make up for the difference in the ride. In the next few days, I am going to pull the trigger, and unless I read or hear something that changes my mind, I am leaning towards the Infinity.
Quote:

Quote:

Most likely the same people who cannot spell INFINITI properly.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Most likely the same people who cannot spell INFINITI properly.

I understand if you have a small vocabulary, and your knowledge is limited to cars, you might think that the word "Infiniti" is limited to the name of a car, but it is actually the car company who cannot spell it "properly". They are the ones who bastardized the word when they turned it into a name. You did know that infinity has been a word long before the car company changed the last letter to an "i", didn't you? Maybe you didn't, but you might notice that most people in this forum that dont own the car, DO spell it with a "y", like the actual word.

It is just habit to spell a word the way you have been spelling it your whole life. But if it makes you feel any better, Mr. Smug Spelling Police, now that i own one, I am getting used to the altered spelling of the word. BTW, it took me a little while to get used to the new spelling of "Sirius" too. If you are wondering what I am talking about, I'll let you google that one on your own.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 04-19-2014 at 12:03 PM..

Old 04-19-2014, 06:49 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,755,676 times
Quote:
I understand if you have a small vocabulary, and your knowledge is limited to cars, you might think that the word "Infiniti" is limited to the name of a car, but it is actually the car company who cannot spell it "properly". They are the ones who bastardized the word when they turned it into a name. You did know that infinity has been a word long before the car company changed the last letter to an "i", didn't you? Maybe you didn't, but you might notice that most people in this forum that dont own the car, DO spell it with a "y", like the actual word.

Have you pondered the idea that perhaps SOMEONE suggested that Nissan go with an i, rather than a y?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive