Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM

355 posts, read 2,703,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats horribly bad, really it is. Ever thought about carrying a Thompson submachine gun in the car? That would scatter those redneck vermin real fast. In all seriousness, I hope you got their plate #, etc. Either that or have a ET come out and fingerprint the car. What they did was criminal and I hope they get fined or jail time for that. Thats ridiculous. One things for sure, had they tried that with me, one of them would have been seriously hurt, whether they got me in a rush or not. lol
I did not get the number of the plates, but it looked like the tags were from Massachusets, but I am not sure.They sped off so fast it was hard to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 07:38 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
That gives me an idea... how about this bad boy thats on the A-10 Thunderbolt (warthog)? INSTANT annihilation.
But it's a little expensive to have a warthog fly cover for you on every trip

Old 11-21-2007, 08:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
ca. 1982 while merging onto a Los Angeles freeway at a normal rate of speed @ about 10 PM or so; this individual was tailgating me as I drove.

Being young and somewhat rowdy; I slammed the brakes on this guy (I was driving a 1973 big Ford and he was in a beat up 1969 Firebird)------by then the guy was hyper-mad and so was I.

He kept trying to tailgate me @ about 70 MPH----and, I kept slamming my brakes trying to cause him to crash.

Apparently; he did 'tap' my rear bumper whereupon he peeled off away from me going 2-3 lanes over to exit the highway.

Guy was flipping me off and I was laughing hysterically------that may have spooked him.

Suffice to say had we been in the country I would have caught up with him and ran him off the road.

I was that hopped up.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,483 times
1st, I want to say sorry about what happen.

2nd, this is why I carry ( concealed handgun/license) . You never know of a jerk that has threaten you and you fear for your life. I would of set an example to daddy and his kids. I would just put on a good scare until the police arrived. Did you get the license plate number at least??

That just stinks man!! Sorry about that man. A-Holes!!

Old 11-21-2007, 09:51 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
But it's a little expensive to have a warthog fly cover for you on every trip
Thats why I said it would be cool mounted ON the car.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,649,419 times
Quote:
Thats why I said it would be cool mounted ON the car.
Can you imagine how much it'd weigh the car down though? I dread to think what the fuel bills would be like. I was thinking of something more along the lines of the Dillon M134D. It only weighs in at a modest 60lbs and can still rattle off 3000 rounds per minute.

Or if you're really serious about defending your auto you could purchase two and mount one on the passanger side door on one on the drivers side. That'll show 'em you mean business

Old 11-22-2007, 04:39 PM

4 posts, read 11,322 times
That's too bad what happened to you! I have been in a similar situation. Few weeks ago, I was driving back home from work (my wife accompanied me that day as it was my birthday on that day and we had dinner plans). I was heading on an interstate and due to some accident on the highway, I decided to take an exit and take an alternate route. There was a guy ahead of me who was driving very slow in a left lane. I cut him off from the center lane (I know it was a wrong thing to do and I do regret doing that). The guy in the other vehicle did not like my act so he passed me from the center lane also rubbing the edge of my car and then stopped short. I had to break very hard to prevent an accident. I got out of the car to confront him and so did he. However, before I could say anything to him, he hit me on my chest. I could not keep my balance and fell on the ground and got an injury on the thumb of my left hand, which started bleeding intensely. I have taken photographs of my injuries (including bruises on my chest and shoulder). I took the cell phone out of my car to call the cops however, before I could do that, 3 police cars had already arrived at the scene. They questioned me and then they questioned my wife. My wife is of spanish descent and speaks english as her 2nd language. They questioned her first in english and then they told me that my story and my wife's story did not match (It did not match because I did not tell the cops that I cut the guy off first because he was too slow in a left lane while my wife told them so). At the end, they gave both me and the other guy a citation with the same charge "Disorderly Conduct" under "Local Ordinance". Considering the fact that I have no history of any such offenses (other than few speeding tickets in the past), how far can this go on the record? I'm a Canadian citizen and currently my application for permanent residency in the U.S. is in progress, which will go through background check by FBI. Can this affect my case in an unfavorable way? What kind of punishment am I looking at for something like for the 1st offense with no criminal background? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:08 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotopaxi View Post
That's too bad what happened to you! I have been in a similar situation. Few weeks ago, I was driving back home from work (my wife accompanied me that day as it was my birthday on that day and we had dinner plans). I was heading on an interstate and due to some accident on the highway, I decided to take an exit and take an alternate route. There was a guy ahead of me who was driving very slow in a left lane. I cut him off from the center lane (I know it was a wrong thing to do and I do regret doing that). The guy in the other vehicle did not like my act so he passed me from the center lane also rubbing the edge of my car and then stopped short. I had to break very hard to prevent an accident. I got out of the car to confront him and so did he. However, before I could say anything to him, he hit me on my chest. I could not keep my balance and fell on the ground and got an injury on the thumb of my left hand, which started bleeding intensely. I have taken photographs of my injuries (including bruises on my chest and shoulder). I took the cell phone out of my car to call the cops however, before I could do that, 3 police cars had already arrived at the scene. They questioned me and then they questioned my wife. My wife is of spanish descent and speaks english as her 2nd language. They questioned her first in english and then they told me that my story and my wife's story did not match (It did not match because I did not tell the cops that I cut the guy off first because he was too slow in a left lane while my wife told them so). At the end, they gave both me and the other guy a citation with the same charge "Disorderly Conduct" under "Local Ordinance". Considering the fact that I have no history of any such offenses (other than few speeding tickets in the past), how far can this go on the record? I'm a Canadian citizen and currently my application for permanent residency in the U.S. is in progress, which will go through background check by FBI. Can this affect my case in an unfavorable way? What kind of punishment am I looking at for something like for the 1st offense with no criminal background? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
First, get a lawyer and plead NOT GUILTY.

If your application is in process it will not show up until after any court findings one way or the other, an it will remain in your US Criminal History Record forever.

I do not know how the citizen process works but they may interview you before final approval and ask for any updated info like arrests?

Did you seek medical attention? Was your vehicle also damaged? Contact your Insurance comapny and file a claim if so.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:47 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Hapiness is a warm gun, yes it is...!

Old 11-22-2007, 10:45 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashcash23 View Post
I am so pissed off right now. Last night when I was coming home, I was merging onto the interstate, there was heavy traffic so I had to merge in and out of lanes to get over once my exit was coming up in a little while. I went to merge into the right lane and some a**hole blows his horn because I cut him off. I get over anyway in front of him and he keeps on blowing his horn and flashing his headlights on and off, apparently he was still angry because I cut him off. I was trying to not let him get to me, but after about 5 minutes of this, I started to get pissed off and just decided to get over into another lane. When I moved into the other lane he rolls up beside me and puts up his middle finger. He was in a Surburban and had his family with him and they were all giving me dirty looks and giving the finger. One of his kids tried to spit on my vehicle, but could not make it reach. Next thing I know, I hear a loud shatter come from my back window. I look back and the window is completly shattered all over the back seat. One of his kids threw a large rock at my car and broke my window. I was absolutely beyond angry at this point. They then switched lanes and got behind me and followed me into a gas station when I exited. I decided to use my cell phone to call the police, but while I was on the phone, they all got out and came to my car. They began scratching and kicking it and rocking it from side to side. I took my car keys out of the ignition and pressed the red panic button on my keypad and the horn on my car began to blow and my lights started flashing. This got the attention of a few people at the gas station and they ran to help me. The family who was harrasing me ran and got back into their car and left when they the people coming to help me. I drove back home after that without meeting up with them again. My brand new 2008 Nissan Armada LE is finished. It is all scratched up, the window in the back is broken, and it has dents everywhere. I brought it to Nissan today to get an estimate and called my insurance company. My insurance company will pay for everything. Don't you think road rage has gone to far these days? What the hek is wrong with today's drivers?
You want it honest or sugar coated.
"What the hek is wrong with today's driver's?????"
They cut people off, and this can cause a lot of flashbacks, fear, heart attacks, blood pressure to go up, because the fear of being in an accident that could have been totally avoided, had the person not cut them off. You have your children in the car, and you have to protect them, and this rude person who cut them off could have cause the lives of their children.This probably caused unecessary mental trauma. Adrenaline/cortisol has kicked in high gear, and they wanted to teach you a lesson, Were they justified in their actions? yes, you cut them off. Would i have done what they done?? No. Would i have been traumatized when you cut me off ? Yes;
Mabye it would be a good idea for us not to be bullies on the road/.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive