Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The fact that Honda won't bring the Type-R Accord to the U.S. is Bullcrap
I'd buy this diesel Civic wagon. Of course it won't be available in the U.S.
Honda Debuts Civic Wagon... for Europe » AutoGuide.com News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 02:24 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
It pisses me off,because most of the type-R Hondas have more horsepower in Europe.
The fact that Honda never brought the Type-R Accord to the U.S. is Bullcrap
Don't get me Started on Toyota
What toyotas are we missing out on other then the gt86?

Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I'd buy this diesel Civic wagon. Of course it won't be available in the U.S.
Honda Debuts Civic Wagon... for Europe » AutoGuide.com News
Um thank god?

Old 03-05-2014, 02:32 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Um thank god?
Um, no. Euro Civics are a lot better than the blandmobiles we've been "blessed" with. My opinion, anyways. Problem is, my opinion doesn't seek to deny anyone the vehicle they like whereas yours does.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
What toyotas are we missing out on other then the gt86?
We aren't really missing out on the GT86 as we have the Scion FR-S and the Subaru BRZ to deputize.

However, answering that question requires another dive into the scary land of hatchbacks (at least some of them), so you wouldn't be interested. Still, I'll give it a go: Auris (instead of our hideous Corolla/Matrix), Avensis (instead of Camry), Aygo (on par with Yaris, but the new version is funkier) and HiLux (an absolutely seminal pickup).

Old 03-05-2014, 03:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Um thank god?
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Looks lime a better, roomier version of the fit.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
We aren't really missing out on the GT86 as we have the Scion FR-S and the Subaru BRZ to deputize.

However, answering that question requires another dive into the scary land of hatchbacks (at least some of them), so you wouldn't be interested. Still, I'll give it a go: Auris (instead of our hideous Corolla/Matrix), Avensis (instead of Camry), Aygo (on par with Yaris, but the new version is funkier) and HiLux (an absolutely seminal pickup).
Yea I know we have the scion. As for the avensis hmmmm I'm 50/50 on that. I drive a SE Camry but I do agree overall no other Toyota internet me. Tundra and new Avalon are pretty good looking though. But those cars I still would never buy. Hopefully my next car is a Maserati ghibli.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Looks lime a better, roomier version of the fit.
All these cars are ugly. Fit, Honda civic hatchback. I mean none catch my eye. And as for European I guess you might be kind of right other then France because their cars are the ugliest things I have ever seen. The people who love Guadeloupe hate being owned by France just off the cars they get alone. Yuk.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post

My cousin drives a hilux in Guadeloupe. It's a hideous truck and the tundra looks way better.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:39 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
I do recall that Formula One racing legend Jackie Stewart stated many years ago when he was a consultant for Ford for an early 1970s version of the Mustang (not sure of the year) that the 'dirty' gasoline used over here (per EPA mandates as well as the environmental zealots) were a huge cause of the ho-hum performance of a lot of our cars (sports cars as well as all the rest), and that's pretty much been the case here for over 40 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive