U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM

3,159 posts, read 1,427,336 times
Default Hyundai developing gasoline engine w/out plugs

Hyundai Developing Sparkless Gasoline Engine - Wide Open Throttle

Hope it works. Sounds both powerful and efficient. Making it work is one thing, making it (New tech) reliable is key!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM

3,202 posts, read 2,720,390 times
August 27, 2007 General Motors has eliminated the spark from the engine

Compression ignition is not a new idea – in fact, compression-ignited engines were in use before electronic spark ignition became popular.

High mileage, low emissions: GM revisits sparkless compression ignition engines

And there are pages on this online

https://www.google.com/#q=sparkless+...engine&spell=1

Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 AM

19,057 posts, read 21,756,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
August 27, 2007 General Motors has eliminated the spark from the engine

Compression ignition is not a new idea in fact, compression-ignited engines were in use before electronic spark ignition became popular.

And there are pages on this online

https://www.google.com/#q=sparkless+...engine&spell=1

If anyone reads the article make sure you go to the bottom and click on the authors picture.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:48 AM

3,202 posts, read 2,720,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

If anyone reads the article make sure you go to the bottom and click on the authors picture.

Dearest God within! Give me the infinite inner strength not to, nor cause anyone to, nor provoke anyone to, criticize, offend or insult any being; be he or she present, or not present, living or dead.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:11 PM

334 posts, read 180,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

He looks like someone trying to sit through a church service after eating a pound of Kimchi.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,846,235 times
Quote:
Dearest God within! Give me the infinite inner strength not to, nor cause anyone to, nor provoke anyone to, criticize, offend or insult any being; be he or she present, or not present, living or dead.
(Sarcasm on")
Dearest God, give me the infinite inner strength not to, nor cause anyone to, nor provoke anyone that is re-hashing ancient technology, that has been proven to not give the improvements, statistically, and any of the other of the 'blind-leading-the-blind' comments, or chastise their clueless 'reta*" (sorry, can't use that word) neurological capacity to understand reality.
("Sarcasm off")

But something I believe.

Me thinks Urk... is well... can't state it here without getting flagged.

(BTW, I am on the way to become a Buddhist monk, and yes, I can wear the hand-knotted rope on my arm in co-existence with a Rolex, but I have decided that tangible assets have caused more damage to me than anything else.)

Back to the topic at hand, "Hyundai developing gasoline engine w/o plugs". Please.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I find your calling upon a non-existent God to criticize my post shows that you lack any (let alone infinite) inner strength since you have to call upon Him to do your dirty work.

Try to stand on your own two feet when insulting others as I do.

And I did find that article interesting. Not for the "newness" (not) of the the technology, but that a company is considering it's use again.

Maybe it's time has come.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
(Sarcasm on")
Dearest God, give me the infinite inner strength not to, nor cause anyone to, nor provoke anyone that is re-hashing ancient technology, that has been proven to not give the improvements, statistically, and any of the other of the 'blind-leading-the-blind' comments, or chastise their clueless 'reta*" (sorry, can't use that word) neurological capacity to understand reality.
("Sarcasm off")

But something I believe.

Me thinks Urk... is well... can't state it here without getting flagged.

(BTW, I am on the way to become a Buddhist monk, and yes, I can wear the hand-knotted rope on my arm in co-existence with a Rolex, but I have decided that tangible assets have caused more damage to me than anything else.)

Back to the topic at hand, "Hyundai developing gasoline engine w/o plugs". Please.
Be very careful when using that "word". There is a poster on CD that will ream you a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive