Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times

Advertisements

Please do not consider a fleece, it is the equivalent of renting. It will not improve your credit and is a poor financial decision.

"
Dear Dave,
Do you have any advice on vehicle leasing for business purposes? I’ve heard that the expense is 100 percent deductible.
Anonymous
Dear Anonymous,
Yeah, and it’s 100 percent stupid, too! “Fleecing” is absolutely the most expensive way to operate a vehicle. What you’re talking about is rationalizing the fact that you want a vehicle you can’t afford. It’s a bad idea.
Dr. Tom Stanley interviewed tons of millionaires while he was writing his book, Stop Acting Rich. In the process, he found out that 80 percent of them had never leased a vehicle. What does that tell you? It tells me if you want to be rich, you need to do what rich people do—and they don’t lease their vehicles! Plus, I really don’t care if it’s 100 percent deductible. Guess what? I get deductions on the vehicles owned by my company. It’s called straight-line depreciation."

Dave Says Car Leasing is Fleecing - Dave Ramsey - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page full
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Note that the TV ads always give the lease rate for "well-qualified lessees". They no doubt have their own definition of "well-qualified". Also, many dealers do not lease cars at all, particularly those who do not have a particularly large volume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive