Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 09:34 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
As I have said before, Japanese cars are made for small people. Tall people cannot sit up in one and drive it.
The 6'5" writer of one of the car mags I just read (forget which, most likely Motor Trend) just said that he felt quite comfortable in a Honda Accord...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 09:42 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,293,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Alright, this is no longer entertaining. You misunderstood me, decided to argue with me, then, when your fallacy was pointed out to you, became offended and started down the path of trying to make me feel bad. So, you've failed on at least two fronts. Let it go and move on.
As long as you feel superior, because that's what counts! I wouldn't want you to feel at fault for not being clear and concise from the beginning. I'm glad you pointed out you couldn't have possibly been wrong.

Really dude, are you this simple?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
As long as you feel superior, because that's what counts! I wouldn't want you to feel at fault for not being clear and concise from the beginning. I'm glad you pointed out you couldn't have possibly been wrong.
I'm sorry, I'm just not as good at conversing at the level you're accustomed to. I generally tend to think better of people I "talk" to. Sometimes I'm sadly mistaken. This is one of those times. Instead of admitting you misunderstood me, you decided to transfer the blame to me. Beyond admitting that I shouldn't have used the same word twice, I stand by the accuracy of my original post.
Quote:
Really dude, are you this simple?
"Really, dude", you aren't the one who should be asking this question.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Seriously, did you just wake up today and leave any semblance of a sense of humor back in bed?
He's a Corvette owner. They're not known for having a sense of humor. Or in his case, any sense at all.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
He's a Corvette owner. They're not known for having a sense of humor. Or in his case, any sense at all.
Oh, that certainly changes matters... Not that we're stereotyping here or anything.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:35 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
As I have said before, Japanese cars are made for small people. Tall people cannot sit up in one and drive it.
I am 6'3" and have been driving Japanese subcompacts most of my adult life. I will always drive Japanese cars, every damn one of them went 200,000 miles plus.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:19 AM

Location: Long Island, NY & The Somerset at the Plantation, Fort Myers, FL
95 posts, read 213,905 times
Japanese cars are over rated, in my humble opinion.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:30 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
A lot of dumb things are written here. But this is the best of 2014 so far.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:12 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie360 View Post
Japanese cars are over rated, in my humble opinion.
Overrated in you can get comparable reliability and longevity with cars from the US and other nations? Or overrated in that they are not as reliable as their reputation.

I agree to some extent with the first part, American cars have come a long long way in the last 15 years. But I will never buy the thought that Japanese cars do not last a long time and are very reliable. I've owned many of them and only one, an older Maxima, was a bit of a problem. I put that more on high end cars being more expensive to fix than anything else. But as far as Protege, Accord, Corolla etc, they go to work every day.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
You don't get out much do you? We just bought a Honda Accord. It is no small car. I am only 5' 6" but our one son is closing in on 6'. He is only 16 so when my wife and I are in the car he sits in the back. Guess what? He has lots of leg room and head room. I would say that the new Honda Accord is about as big as a Ford Taurus.

Other cars that you could look at, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima and Maxima. These are nice size cars as well.

Our Honda was made here in the USA. Many other imports are no longer imports.

Many domestic cars are more import than domestic. It is funny, the Union built cars are produced by non union labor somewhere else, and the non union compaies offer jobs here in the USA for former import makes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive