Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 10:54 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times

Advertisements

Chrysler could not prove a single case involving liability according to the API story I read.

Let's face it... the Chrysler of today is nothing like the Chrysler that provided the vehicles.

Big, high HP cars are distasteful to many Europeans and Chrysler is now tied to Fiat...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 11:02 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Chrysler could not prove a single case involving liability according to the API story I read.

Let's face it... the Chrysler of today is nothing like the Chrysler that provided the vehicles.

Big, high HP cars are distasteful to many Europeans and Chrysler is now tied to Fiat...
They still have SRT. And I'm excited about the latest Viper... it's finally a car that is brutally fast but also refined enough to be a daily driver if you wanted. I've always wanted a Viper, but I've never been able to justify the expense for having a second toy, because it wouldn't be able to replace my primary fun car. The new Viper possibly could.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post

Chrysler doesn't have to prove anything. The "what if" factor is enough to scare corporate. Don't get me wrong the cars should go to auction with proceeds going back to the respective school(s). IMO, that's a win/win.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:03 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
This is our fault, we the people of this nation make this possible. We have a legal system that allows one to sue for anything, we have legions of lawyers waiting to sue Chrysler. If a thief were to steal those cars and use them on the road, get hurt or hurt someone else it would be Chrysler that pays for it when the slimy lawers get them in court. If we want to stop some of the foolish things we see going on then we need to make it very difficult to sue in this nation. Is it not time to end the era of lawsuits in this nation??? We have insurance for when things go wrong, that is who should pay for auto accidents. We have health insurance to pay for harm done to our bodies when we misuse products, should that not pay for it? Our system of litigation has become crazy, someone can sue for anything now. Time to end it.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:26 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Unless you had acne and premature ejaculation back in the day, early Dodge Vipers were not terribly interesting cars.

IMO it wasn’t till the GTS came out that I thought the car looked good.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:34 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Unless you had acne and premature ejaculation back in the day, early Dodge Vipers were not terribly interesting cars.

IMO it wasn’t till the GTS came out that I thought the car looked good.
It was the same car. Same doors, same hood, same fenders... they just made it a coupe instead of convertible.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:41 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
It was the same car. Same doors, same hood, same fenders... they just made it a coupe instead of convertible.

But what a difference a tin roof made. The vert just looked like something Barbie would drive.

Just think of all the stripped bolts, broken clips and missing screws this thing has. It’s not like it was tinkered with by people wearing white gloves for 22 years.

Last edited by Fargobound; 03-07-2014 at 02:28 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 02:56 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Same thing was said of the original Cobras which also had a later coupe option just before all production ceased.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
I find it hard to believe any Viper owner would donate their car to anyone. They are worth more for the parts than together. JMHO YMMV.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:40 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
This is a result of progressive lawyers and tort cases which lead to "someone" being responsible and it fell on Dodge. People who hate guns hate fast cars with the same fervor; most likely because it gets 12mpg.

The Viper is the oldest model car in Dodge's lineup. It's also the most fun, head turning and a babe magnet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive