Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 03:21 AM

17 posts, read 17,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Because if you are an American born citizen raised in the most free society in the world and employed by a company that sells to Americans, your job depends on it. Plus it is your duty to support other American workers.

Uhmmmm How is it that we are raised in the most FREE SOCIETY in the World?????
Have You ever Traveled beyond your limited and ignorant Mind?? Have you ever lived Anywhere else in this World ??? You have an ILLNESS CALLED THE AMERICAN-COMPLEX--IGNORANT AS HELL COMPLEX. You Get it?? I Doubt it -- If You Call this GOV'T MANUFACTURED CONTROLLED SOCIETY "The most free Society in the World" then You Are Obviously Completely DELISUIONAL.

If your trying to market your companies services to Americans it's hypocritical for you to support foreign workers .
If you want to buy a foreign car that's OK as long as it's manufactured here in the USA.

If your a recent immigrant coming to America to work cheap in place of a laid off American you should also be buying American thankful that your still not living in some ghetto back in your country.
-- I HAVE SEEN MORE GHETTO HERE IN THE U.S. AND LACK-OF-CLASS CITIZENS HERE IN THE US. than OTHER COUNTRIES I'VE VISITED. There are ghettos EVERYWHERE you Go. The U.S. is NOT AN EXCEPTION. AMERICANS ARE MORE LIKE SAVAGES AND THE LOWEST CLASS OF ANY CITIZENS I'VE EVER MET IN MY LIFE. So don't feel so SUPERIOR, You Are NOT WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE. YOU ARE DELISIONAL.

Americans should also be buying only made in America furniture because Americans were paid to build it.
You should also be buying American made clothes if you can find any (good luck with that)

Yes, Yes, I know most people are trying to get the most out of their dollar but when you support foreign workers you also now have to support unemployed Americans who were laid off because you bought foreign.

Yes , I also know that people on welfare are lazy do nothings but I also know that there was a time when they were employed doing menial tasks that most other American would not do because they were to good for manual labor.Those jobs are now in China, but hey it's a global economy and how's that working out for many Americans?

So if American cars and products are not good enough for you and cheaper foreign products are better perhaps American manufactures should bring over better foreign workers who can build it better and cheaper.

OMG, they're already doing that. That foreign family of ten that just moved into your laid off neighbor's home is here doing it cheaper.

BTW if only a BMW will do, buy one made in South Carolina.
You Are CLEARLY Targeting Mexicans --I am Not Mexican, nor Am I Defending Them, but YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FAMILY-HATER, MEXICAN-HATER, IGNORANT-PRICK, CHILDREN-HATER, AND GOOD-FAMILY-VALUES HATER, No Wonder You Americans Have So Many PROBELMS HERE IN THE U.S. You Don't Value Anything Good That Comes from Somewhere Else. Mexicans are NOT PERFECT, but They SURE HAVE FAMILY VALUES and HUMAN VALUES, that You in YOUR DELISIONAL MIND Would Never Be Able to UNDERSTAND. Oh! I forgot! You Are American --YOU HAVE NO VALUES. It's That Simple!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 04:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Poster #99 -

ABB is a Swedish company named Asea Brown Boveri that has been manufacturing high quality machinery for over a century.

The problem is the rest of the world is reaping the benefit of sending all those kids to engineering and business schools. We are losing our exclusivity as the rest of the world catches up and, in some products, exceeds the value of "American" made products.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:54 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgustedofCalifornia View Post
You Are CLEARLY Targeting Mexicans --I am Not Mexican, nor Am I Defending Them, but YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FAMILY-HATER, MEXICAN-HATER, IGNORANT-PRICK, CHILDREN-HATER, AND GOOD-FAMILY-VALUES HATER, No Wonder You Americans Have So Many PROBELMS HERE IN THE U.S. You Don't Value Anything Good That Comes from Somewhere Else. Mexicans are NOT PERFECT, but They SURE HAVE FAMILY VALUES and HUMAN VALUES, that You in YOUR DELISIONAL MIND Would Never Be Able to UNDERSTAND. Oh! I forgot! You Are American --YOU HAVE NO VALUES. It's That Simple!!!!
Sorry but Mexicans were not even on my radar.
We already have too many people living in the USA we don't need one more immigrant.

When all the jobs are filled and the welfare roles are down to nothing then maybe we should consider letting in some people with skills.

WTF do you mean I don't have family values? We had only two children because that's all we could afford to have and provide both of them with quality educations.

What kind of family values do you get with poor people that have 3,4,5,6 kids and no job skills and try to immigrate here.

And WTF does your rant have anything to do with me pushing for people to buy American?

I am going to give some reps as ignorant poster of the day.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:01 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,143,215 times
May be OT. Shouldn't we now talk of Detroit 2 than Detroit 3?

Old 03-09-2014, 07:09 AM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
For any of you who think buying American is a foolish idea. Can you explain to me how the USA became the industrial giant and economic powerhouse of the world
When we needed labor we brought immigrants in and they built America and eventually became citizens.

We did not build America by outsourcing our manufacturing to foreign countries.

Those of us here long before the cell phone, computer took over our lives know this.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:13 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Weather the decision is practical, emotional or a little of both

People should buy what they want

We dont live in a totalitarian society being told what to buy and think.. This is not nazi Germany

Thank God

Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 AM

707 posts, read 1,408,211 times
I think we need to discuss the American companies that outsourced US jobs so they can pad their bottom lines. In 2013 alone 2,637,239 US jobs were outsourced to other countries and our Government does little
or nothing to remedy this huge problem to the US worker. So why would I want to support companies that
do this for their greedy selves instead of hiring workers here at home and supporting US families.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:21 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,792,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
For any of you who think buying American is a foolish idea. Can you explain to me how the USA became the industrial giant and economic powerhouse of the world
When we needed labor we brought immigrants in and they built America and eventually became citizens.

We did not build America by outsourcing our manufacturing to foreign countries.

Those of us here long before the cell phone, computer took over our lives know this.
We became the powerhouse because of trade. Without trade, and the demand for our goods overseas that would have never happened.

Outsourcing is exactly how things should be done, the free market demands that firms produce widgets at the lowest cost relative to demand. To pay some jerk in the US $7.50 an hour to sew t-shirts that can be produced in Bangladesh for $.20 an hour would be a waste of resources.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:28 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,792,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
I think we need to discuss the American companies that outsourced US jobs so they can pad their bottom lines. In 2013 alone 2,637,239 US jobs were outsourced to other countries and our Government does little
or nothing to remedy this huge problem to the US worker. So why would I want to support companies that
do this for their greedy selves instead of hiring workers here at home and supporting US families.
And the people that invest in the stock market get the returns they demand. Everyone talks about these 'evil companies' but they are acting to maximize shareholder earnings, inline with their mandates.

It is not a companies, or a governments, role to give to charity or support causes, as these are misuses of the money those entities are stewards of.

Private companies are a whole other monster, but come on, people don't want to spend extra for sustainability. Go to a store that donates 1% of its profits, they are almost all private companies that are one label stores. If they were more like department stores, people would scan the item with their phone and order whatever they were looking at online to save that 1%.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:10 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
My beef with some Japanese autos is I personally don’t want to pay a premium for a car that’s reliable. I think they all should be reliable and the ones that do what they say they are going to do should not be so much more expensive. There is a list of the cheapest cars to own and few US cars are on that list and I have three them. A 2012 Impala is about $5000.00 cheaper than a 2012 Honda Accord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive