Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 08:35 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,156,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Because if you are an American born citizen raised in the most free society in the world and employed by a company that sells to Americans, your job depends on it. Plus it is your duty to support other American workers.
I am not American-born (but I am a citizen). I work for an American company (an auto company, to wit), but it doesn't sell only to Americans. In fact, it's a global company that has a global mindset.
Quote:
If your trying to market your companies services to Americans it's hypocritical for you to support foreign workers .
If you purport yourself to be a patriot, learn to speak your own language correctly so that immigrants don't make fun of you. It's "you're". As for the actual message, it's so asinine, I won't bother with it.
Quote:
If you want to buy a foreign car that's OK as long as it's manufactured here in the USA.
How about I let my own wallet decide what is and is not OK?
Quote:
If your a recent immigrant coming to America to work cheap in place of a laid off American you should also be buying American thankful that your still not living in some ghetto back in your country.
Oh, really, so you have statistics to support the assertion that recent immigrants come to America in droves to work cheap in place of laid-off Americans (note the emphasis)? Or are you just spewing right-wing racist/nationalist dribble?
Quote:
Americans should also be buying only made in America furniture because Americans were paid to build it.
You should also be buying American made clothes if you can find any (good luck with that)
'murrca, **** yeah!
Quote:
Yes, Yes, I know most people are trying to get the most out of their dollar but when you support foreign workers you also now have to support unemployed Americans who were laid off because you bought foreign.
No, they got laid off because their companies made inferior products nobody wanted to buy.
Quote:
Yes , I also know that people on welfare are lazy do nothings but I also know that there was a time when they were employed doing menial tasks that most other American would not do because they were to good for manual labor.Those jobs are now in China, but hey it's a global economy and how's that working out for many Americans?
That's crap. Menial (and manual) labor is done in the U.S. by those "recent immigrants" you refer to because there aren't 'murrcans lining up to pick strawberries in Oxnard. Instead they prefer to sit by freeway overpasses with "Need money for food" signs.
Quote:
So if American cars and products are not good enough for you and cheaper foreign products are better perhaps American manufactures should bring over better foreign workers who can build it better and cheaper.
Perhaps American manufacturers should do whatever it takes to be competitive if that's their goal. If the American society is so lazy that it can't get its **** straight, then maybe those people deserve to lose their jobs to foreigners.
Quote:
BTW if only a BMW will do, buy one made in South Carolina.
What if there isn't a BMW I want made in South Carolina?

You're preaching incredibly dangerous messages of complacency and nationalism. I revert to my example of Russia that has been doing it for almost a century. How are they doing? Oh, and before you ask - I'm from there, I've stood in bread and TP lines and I know first-hand how this model works out. Tl;dr: not well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
If you guys want to buy any of the following, you should get on that before this plan falls into place:
  • Fiat Lancia Thema

Old 03-07-2014, 08:38 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,791,950 times
Oh, and if we want to keep the dollar the currency of international trade, and all the benefits that gives us, we really need to keep the quantities of US dollars high enough to maintain trade. If that means running a negative trade balance that's ok, because if the dollar falls out of favor we won't even have the ability to buy American.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:39 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
we make the best trucks

cars, not so much alot more options

Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,791,950 times
Maybe the best full sized truck. But I don't think Ford or GM can touch the Tacoma.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,037,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Because if you are an American born citizen raised in the most free society in the world and employed by a company that sells to Americans, your job depends on it. Plus it is your duty to support other American workers.

If your trying to market your companies services to Americans it's hypocritical for you to support foreign workers .
If you want to buy a foreign car that's OK as long as it's manufactured here in the USA.

If your a recent immigrant coming to America to work cheap in place of a laid off American you should also be buying American thankful that your still not living in some ghetto back in your country.

Americans should also be buying only made in America furniture because Americans were paid to build it.
You should also be buying American made clothes if you can find any (good luck with that)

Yes, Yes, I know most people are trying to get the most out of their dollar but when you support foreign workers you also now have to support unemployed Americans who were laid off because you bought foreign.

Yes , I also know that people on welfare are lazy do nothings but I also know that there was a time when they were employed doing menial tasks that most other American would not do because they were to good for manual labor.Those jobs are now in China, but hey it's a global economy and how's that working out for many Americans?

So if American cars and products are not good enough for you and cheaper foreign products are better perhaps American manufactures should bring over better foreign workers who can build it better and cheaper.

OMG, they're already doing that. That foreign family of ten that just moved into your laid off neighbor's home is here doing it cheaper.

BTW if only a BMW will do, buy one made in South Carolina.
Spare me the market racism. This is a global economy now, and has been for a few decades.

I don't know anyone that works for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, or Toyota, or any auto manufacturer. So you're saying I should buy products from one group of people I don't know, over another group of people I also don't know, based simply on the the latitude and longitude where the product was manufactured?

I'm sorry, but when giving my business to people I don't know, I'm looking for the best value for my money; their nationality has nothing to do with that.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:44 AM

BTW, the last car I bought was American-made (from parts assembled from all over the world) and German-designed. When 'murrca makes a competitively-priced hot hatch from 100% local parts, I'll be happy to consider it.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:44 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
The OP is pathetic. Do you not understand that we live in a world where we buy things from others and they buy things from us? Do you expect every other country to buy only goods made in their home country? Are you completely one sided in your view of humans who share the same planet? How about all that energy the US makes and sells to others?

Do you only listen to music made by Americans? Ever listen to the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, or the Beatles? Paul McCartney is worth almost a billion dollars. Most of that is royalties from the sales of his records.

Invite us to take a tour of your home. Do you have a Samsung TV or computer monitor? Maybe a Sony thing or two. Perhaps you like Apple products. All of these are made outside the US.

Michelin tires? Made in France. Goodyear tires? Might be made in China.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times
I'll support American at every chance, and I worked construction from 14 to 52 and when it takes talent Americans build it. Anyone can build a shack, but it takes real men to build America baby. Large projects like highrise, heavy highway and bridges, and stadiums are built by trained personnel.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,849,047 times
If the UAW could build a good car, I'd buy one.

They can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive